Noobie needs buying advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

phat_tim21

Hello to you all,

After a couple of years of saving i've finally got the money together to purchase my very first range rover. I've been looking for a 94 - 96 diesel (DSE?) or maybe another version you tell me which are better. The thing is I know nothing about these things? What I really need is a buyers guide or something. So i know what to check etc when i go to look at one.

Can anybody help me please

many thanks

Tim

D

discomike

Tim,
Well if we had the chance to buy a diesel here in the states, I think most of us would for the low end power and the fuel economy. Unfortunately we can't buy them and I don't know who to turn you to other than suggesting you find a good shop over on your big island and get some imput from them.
Good luck on this, wish we had diesels here.
Mike J.

P

phat_tim21

Cheers mate. But what about things that I would have to check or look out for like air suspension, electrics etc.... because these things would be the same on any petrol and deisel range rover.

cheers

Tim

C

campbell

My advice is to buy one under warranty and, if possible, but an extended warranty. I bought my D2 used but still under warranty. I wish I had purchased the extended warranty.

D

discomike

Beau,
You can still buy an extended warranty if you look for it. If you are interested let me know and I'll see if I can find a company that is still selling them.
Mike J.

S

slappy

I hate air suspension. It is only good for 7 or 8 years and then you will have a lowered range rover (if you like that kind of thing). If possible get one without or that has been converted. However I think they stopped making air suspension in 1992.

P

phat_tim21

Where can I find a full spec list for a 94 DSE? I need to know what it aint got and what is does have?

cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112