Nothin but problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rovin around

Reaction score
:help:Problems with LR3-
In November I bought an 06 v6- 21,000 miles. I had nothing but problems in the 6 months that I owned it.
1. Transmission fault - came on repeatedly after 2nd day-
2. Suspension error- came on repeatedly
3. Gas guage did not work-I had no idea- left me on the road stranded when guage read 150 miles to go and 1/2 tank of gas.
4. Went in to dealer for repair- Replaced battery, and reset computer.
Did not fix the problem- 2nd time in for repair- about 1 week later
1. Replaced gas tank
2. Replaced compressor motor and rear differential motor- SERIOUSLY?????

3rd time in dealer-
1. Car making noise- sounds like maybe a wheel bearing? Replace tie rod ends and do a tow allignment.

4th time in shop- still making noise, now getting louder.
1. Car needs an alignment- tires are worn unevenly and needs 2 new tires- $1200

So I questioned how a certified vehicle has so many problems, and why it didn't get fixed the first time. New tires on the vehicle- less than 8,000 miles later I need new tires?
I was told that because the vehicles are so heavy that an alignement will be necessary approximately every 7,000-10,000 miles.

So after questioning their certification process and asking for the manager to review all of the service records, they agreed that I was in a "problem vehicle" and offered to get me out of the vehicle. I was VERY HAPPY!!!!! Traded it in for an 06 V8 with more options.

Certification? Yeah right! After washing my truck 3 days after purchasing it, I noticed something flapping on the top rear of it. Stood on the rear bumper to see duct tape over a hole, and the outline of where the antenna should have been. Seriously???? Duct tape? Went back into the dealer to get repaired- took 3 days for parts and someone to seal it. When I got my truck back( they drove it out to me 1 hour away from dealer), the panel was not put back on the interior roof- leaving all of the cables hanging down not even connected. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE this truck! I think it is awesome and love all of the features. My problem is with the incompetence of the dealer- that obviously didn't provide the certification that they claimed.

BTW- there is a service bulletin on the suspension of the LR3 causing excessive wear. Hopefully this will turn into a recall so that tires don't need to be replaced every 10,000 miles.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously if at all possible switch dealers.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup sounds like you have a shady dealer. I have an 06 V8 52k miles on it, pretty much problem free, minus a few little issues here and there. I bought mine CPO'd as well.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. I'll bite. Ive been trying not to look like a complete noob but.. what does CPO'd stand for? I would read all the forums and hope to figure it out myself. No luck.

Hollywood619

Reaction score
Not only would I switch to a different dealer, I would write LRNA about this dealer. Make sure you have print outs of all service completed for both vehicles. You could also easily lodge a complaint with the BBB.

gatorbob

Reaction score
Ok.. I'll bite. Ive been trying not to look like a complete noob but.. what does CPO'd stand for? I would read all the forums and hope to figure it out myself. No luck.

Certified Pre Owned

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall on the tires, you hope for? $1200 for two tires and alignment? Brother, have you yet found and used the search function here? Did you do a pre-inspection of the car - that antenna is a big thing to miss. CPO means nothing, it's a marketing program. The auction sites clean up the cars showroom ready. Anyone who believes that the dealer and the dealer's tech does much more than change fluids/filters and tires/brakes worn beyond safety specs is naive. You might as well not buy retail than buy CPO for the premium you pay, presuming you know how to inspect a car or about its history from the prior owner. Your first car was a blind lemon trusted just because it carried a CPO tag, so that reinforces my point.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gatorbob.. would not have figured that out..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM