OBDII Converters thread same as OBDI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cats that rattle

Rover Chick, It's a bad idea to run on cats that rattle wishing the honeycomb
will blow out the exhaust. The honeycomb will turn into twisted glass the size of your fist and plug the exit of the converter. Variable engine back pressure, ******* the engine, overheat and the exhaust valves. Rover changed exhaust valves 4 times to patch or hide valve problems, "the Limey way". Off subject i paddle SF bay in a 18' Necky kayak. Carl........o&o>..............................

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl - while its indeed bad idea running cats rattling - sometime there is no other way :( Anyway - i ordered 94005 ones and they should be here today (yey!) and, if all turns out good, on truck by tomorrow. I probably would pony up some money for new muffler though, b/c i strongly dislike generic one i got from other shop, not to mention that bloody thing leaks (unless black marks around welding seams on muffler itself meaning something else :))

Thanks for idea on Car Sound ones - those seems to be preferred in muffler shops round here too.

PS: i think even Melissa fist is wee bit bigger than 2 1/4 " :)

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they are here and welding dude told to bring it in about 2 hours.. :) I am dying here..
Now that stupid bearing replacement and i am all happy...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well bugger me.. I just came back from shop..

- 94005 wont fit. Apparently they are too thick. Allegedly 94004 is ones that are ok (why the heck its 2"?)
- my mean green alternator is snuffing it after mere 1.5-2K and bugger all time.. Thats according to chums in shop.. i'd be....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72