Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are factory numbers. C&D got the V8 to do 6.6 seconds 0-60.

Ever notice how Porsche's numbers are at least at least 0.1 slower if the car is cheaper?

Don't listen to me. Read reviews from when the Jag ditched the V8 in favor of the V6. Who cares about the numbers. The car will be slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcqImqjF5eg

Thanks for sharing the video...that's good perspective.

LR34

Reaction score
Those are factory numbers. C&D got the V8 to do 6.6 seconds 0-60.

Exactly. Manufacturer 0-60 numbers are always conservative. LR has a big incentive to publish V6 numbers that are "less conservative" than the V8. They want to be able to market and say "look, better mileage with nearly identical performance". LR knows buyers are going to look at published specs and not take their 6000 lb racer to the track to test it. I hope C&D tests the 2014 v6 because i am guessing at least 0.5 second diff, at least. The v6 vs v8 diff will feel significant on this tank. But new buyers, who dont own a v8 lr4 wont know.

LR said the LR3 had an 8.0 0-60. I had a LR3 and that thing was alot worse than a half second diff vs the v8 LR4. I think it took mine 2 seconds to go from a stop to 1mph to get that thing moving. Highway passing was an adventure as well. Once the LR4 drops 800 pounds then maybe it will be closer to the v8.

Most folks probably value the better mph more with the v6 so they should be happy with the v6.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Internal marketing bulletin was finally released for the US market, detailing 2014MY LR4 changes, pricing of base model and all options. Sorry about the poor quality of the PDF, but I stitched it together from a series of jpeg and bmp files... Should be readable though.

MY2014 Land Rover LR4 product announcement with pricing

Lots of questions answered within. Somewhat related, Motor Trend recently tested both SCV6 and SCV8 versions of the new 2014 RRS and they clocked 0-60mph times of 5.7 seconds and 4.3 seconds, respectively (that's right, 4.3 seconds for the SCV8, that's easily Cayenne Turbo territory!)

Even considering the much lighter weight of the new Sport, the V6 S/C is obviously no slouch and handily outperforms the outgoing NA V8 of the 2013 Sport in sheer performance. I think it will perform just as competitively on the LR4, despite the heavier platform. The towing numbers, for example, remain unchanged from 2013 to 2014, despite the smaller displacement and "loss" of two cylinders.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Internal marketing bulletin was finally released for the US market, detailing 2014MY LR4 changes, pricing of base model and all options. Sorry about the poor quality of the PDF, but I stitched it together from a series of jpeg and bmp files... Should be readable though.

MY2014 Land Rover LR4 product announcement with pricing

Lots of questions answered within. Somewhat related, Motor Trend recently tested both SCV6 and SCV8 versions of the new 2014 RRS and they clocked 0-60mph times of 5.7 seconds and 4.3 seconds, respectively (that's right, 4.3 seconds for the SCV8, that's easily Cayenne Turbo territory!)

Even considering the much lighter weight of the new Sport, the V6 S/C is obviously no slouch and handily outperforms the outgoing NA V8 of the 2013 Sport in sheer performance. I think it will perform just as competitively on the LR4, despite the heavier platform. The towing numbers, for example, remain unchanged from 2013 to 2014, despite the smaller displacement and "loss" of two cylinders.

Awesome piece of information Umberto. Thank you.

I'm glad to read that the SCV6 will perform at least as well as the V8. I'm a firm believer in supercharged or turbocharged engines.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great info. Thanks for taking the time to post. I am now excited to see the new model in person. my lease runs out on my 2011 in a few months. I still do not understand why you have to get the lux package in order to be able to get memory seats!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Comparing LR4 to LR4 though, this new engine is not going to perform as well. I dont see how it could anyway...

Its not the uprated version of the SCV6 though... it says right in that pdf, 340 bhp, 332 lb-ft torque. Vs the 375/375 of the V8. Even if the engine package does weigh a little less, its not going to make up the difference and it sure as **** can't tow as well.

I want to see a side by side test, for sure, and I want to drive one, but I still cant see how its an upgrade.

joyce

Reaction score
great info umbertob- thanks. how did you interpret the exterior color choices... are they discontinuing nara bronze or just adding those mentioned?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So HD pkg is now $600 more, and LUX goes up in price too. I know it includes extended leather, but I'm glad I don't have it. My kids would destroy it.

So if I ordered a MY2014, the car would cost me ~$2k more and I'd loose the V8. Still a great car, but glad I got a 2013.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score

umbertob - thanks for posting! Why does the price sheet still reflect the HK sound system rather than the Meridian?

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Umbertob. That helps quite a bit with decision making for the MY2014.
I'm also concerned about the SCV6 engine, and whether it will be up to the job.

Also, I read elsewhere that the new LR4 will have the same headlamps as the RR; which are HID technology. The pdf mentions Xenon headlamps; but Xenon can be either Incandescent or HID technology. Do you happen to know if the new LR4 will have HID lamps?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635