One beep when car locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who enabled this option: When you lock your LR4, is their an actual "chirp" sound (like on Audi's, VW's, BMW's), or does the horn beep?

I remember the double chirp when a door was left ajar on my LR3 being extremely loud since the noise came from the horn. Don't think I'd want this happening every time I locked my LR4.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who enabled this option: When you lock your LR4, is their an actual "chirp" sound (like on Audi's, VW's, BMW's), or does the horn beep?

I remember the double chirp when a door was left ajar on my LR3 being extremely loud since the noise came from the horn. Don't think I'd want this happening every time I locked my LR4.

its not a chirp. It is a horn but not the car horn. Doesn't sound too good to be honest with you. I would not recommend you activate this option.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something much more subtle than that. I definitely don't want to alert the whole state that I've locked my vehicle.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something much more subtle than that. I definitely don't want to alert the whole state that I've locked my vehicle.

The horn is not loud but it sounds cheap. That's the best way I can describe it. It is not a "digital" chirp like Lexus. It is a subtle horn. Almost sounds like a kids bike horn. Very cheap sounding.

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
UK market cars tend not to beep, chirp or sound the horn when you lock them like they do in the US and that largely explains why they don't come with them programmed to do so.
As regards it not being a driver option . . . I would imagine that a techy spod engineer in Gaydon, UK, never appreciated that anyone would want to do that.
On the 2012 HSE Lux the mirrors fold in when it is locked so i'm happy to stick with that as a "is it or isn't it locked" confirmation.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two beeps for unlock as well.

Just re-read this part. I would not want that option enabled. Think I'll just rely on hearing the doors physically lock and watching the lights flash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM