Oops...what have I done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crosbo

Reaction score
Following the rave instructions for filling the transmission on my '02, I had it running, about the right temperature, went thru all the gears then back to park and then cautiously removed the fill plug. I expected a possible trickle of fluid and a few drops, but I was not prepared for the gusher that took place. Before I could get the hole plugged, maybe a pint hit the tarmac. Okay, maybe not that much, but the puddle always looks bigger in the middle of the drive.

Convinced I did something wrong and I needed to replace the approximate amount that had spilled, i drove the rig up on ramps to raise the fill hole to a higher level. Besides, I had to replace the seal washer that I hadn't realized had come off in my haste to not lose any more fluid.

Once again I cautiously removed the fill plug and...you guessed it...more spillage as I plugged it with my rag to allow me to put the seal washer in place then return the plug.

So here i sit, Rave instructions in front of me and it appears I did everything correctly. So is it possible my transmission was overfilled? If so, how? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635