open bonnet message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
I had to replace my washer fluid yesterday and now when I start the truck the dash flashes a 'bonnet open' message even though it isn't open.
any ideas?

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you tried to open and close it again and if that didnt work, take a look at each latch and make sure its closing.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me once. I think it can be an alignment issue. I can't remember or not, but the dealer may have replaced my sensor.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my washer fluid yesterday and now when I start the truck the dash flashes a 'bonnet open' message even though it isn't open.
any ideas?

This happened to me last August. If the hood is latched I don't believe it is an alignment issue. On the passenger side latch (Approx at the headlight and grill junction) there is a latch with an electrical connector going to it. I had spent a week straight off road in extreem dust and heat so all I did was blow it out with an air hose and it hasn't happened since. I think you could use wd40 as well (It will not harm the electronics in the slightest)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also try giving it a good slam.

I have closed my hood tightly only to drive down the highway and find it vibrating every so slightly in the road wind. This has happened a few times and I now know to slam it very firm to ensure it is closed snug.

Probably not your problem, though, but it's a quick check. ;)

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, I think the dealer said they were able to move it closer against the hood. Does that make sense to anyone?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I just had this happen and then go away with doing anything. I blamed it on the car wash / cold weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4