Ordered HSE .... They Delivered Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '13 HSE LUX was about 62K with everything but rear entertainment package so it probably wouldn't be a stretch to get them to do the right thing and order you the LUX at your original HSE pricing. If you get stonewalled, you can always try a call to Siobhan in Mahwah, NJ at LRNA and ask what they might press the dealer to do. Especially getting the vehicle from another dealer for you, even if it is not a LUX but a similarly equipped HSE.

In my humble opinion, I liked my TomTom better than the LR nav system. I liked it better than the BMW nav system too. The only nav system I thought was nearly as good was the one installed in my Dodge Challenger, and even that was $1800 bucks more than the TomTom. Just my opinion but integrated systems call for expensive updates and a $400 disk every few years is a waste. That should be part of the annual maintenance while in warranty!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, our understanding is in writing.

Behold my new Corris Grey Base w/ black pack .....

Dubroz, did you get those all-black crossbars from the dealer?

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I searched multiple dealers, you can't get black crossbars anymore, only silver.

I picked the black up on ebay, they came off a ~2008 LR3. If I couldn't find a used one in black then I was going to buy new in silver and paint to match the blackpack.

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You should just get the Thule Aero bars in black. If you want black bars. Quietest bars I have ever had on a vehicle.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should just get the Thule Aero bars in black. If you want black bars. Quietest bars I have ever had on a vehicle.

I just ordered some this past week. I got the ones that extend a bit past the post but you can also get the ones that end at the post. And of course the LR4 fit kit.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also just ordered a set of Thule AeroBlades. From what I could find, they don't sell them in black. I was, however, able to get black ones from a rack company in Austin, TX. I called them to ask how they got the black ones and he said they powdercoat them and then sell them. The website is rackoutfitters.com. The bars were $449 and I got the lock system for another $59. The website is running a 10% discount right now, so I essentially got the locks free. There is free shipping and I ordered on Friday and expect them Wednesday, so pretty quick.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also just ordered a set of Thule AeroBlades. From what I could find, they don't sell them in black. I was, however, able to get black ones from a rack company in Austin, TX. I called them to ask how they got the black ones and he said they powdercoat them and then sell them. The website is rackoutfitters.com. The bars were $449 and I got the lock system for another $59. The website is running a 10% discount right now, so I essentially got the locks free. There is free shipping and I ordered on Friday and expect them Wednesday, so pretty quick.

That's where I had seen them in black before. Good to know they are painting them themselves. I was thinking of painting mine, gives me even more reason to use the left over paint from painting my roof rails.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip!

I see two different sets for the LR4 on their site:

1. http://www.rackoutfitters.com/land-rover-lr4-thule-black-aeroblade-edge-roof-rack-10-13/

2. http://www.rackoutfitters.com/land-rover-lr4-thule-black-aeroblade-edge-base-roof-rack-10-13/

They differ slightly in their part numbers. Any idea which set you ordered?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

1. http://www.rackoutfitters.com/land-rover-lr4-thule-black-aeroblade-edge-roof-rack-10-13/

2. http://www.rackoutfitters.com/land-rover-lr4-thule-black-aeroblade-edge-base-roof-rack-10-13/

Not sure why there is a different designation on their site but the part numbers are exactly the same as well as prices and both of those links are what you want if you want the black bars.

You are set with either one of those!

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

It looks like the only difference is on the Fit Kit. No idea why they differ. Give them a call and ask. When I called to ask how they had the black bars, they were really helpful with not only that question but about other questions on the bars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112