Ordered HSE .... They Delivered Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the only difference is on the Fit Kit. No idea why they differ. Give them a call and ask. When I called to ask how they had the black bars, they were really helpful with not only that question but about other questions on the bars.

Yea, I am not sure why they have that 2 on the end there. Either one should work.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating my thread with latest info, your advice is needed ...

Quick recap, I received a BASE 2014 when I ordered an HSE. Dealer said they would reorder me a 2015 and swap out in November when the new 2015 arrives. We agreed on an aggressive discount for the new 2015 and I've been waiting since May.

I've been checking with them regularly since May. In the beginning of October they told me my LR4 won't be here until January. This week I noticed that my dealer had 2015 LR4's being delivered so I asked why am I waiting til January. I am pretty upset. The manager of the dealership told me that their first orders of LR4's are all corporate bulk orders and their first custom order was mine in October. This seems fishy to me like they are putting me off in favor of reselling first to other customers at a higher profit.

My question for this board ... Were the first orders of LR4's corporate bulk orders or did you customize your orders? Do you think the manager's excuse is legit?? Should I contact LR Corporate?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would contact LRNA and explain your entire history and the current update from your dealer. The worst that can happen is they confirm the dealers story. I could see how the first 15's would be standard fitment and your custom order would follow, but I'd check with LRNA.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dubroz:

Based on my experience with my dealership I would say I believe them 90%. When talking to my guys during my time with LR they would randomly have vehicles show up that they didn't even know were coming. Evidently LR decides at random what dealers get if they didn't order something. I know at one point my dealership had ton's of LR2's and my guys said they didn't even order them. LR just made a bunch of them and needed to put them on lots. Same thing with some RRS's they had one time. Random colors and options just showed up.

If I were you I would as to see the order sheet and get the VIN number so you can check on it. Then if you are still waiting you have more information other than they are suppose to be ordering me a vehicle.

Good luck!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to what epiclr4 said (nice to see you checking in once in a while, Heath) dealers do get an allotment of LR4s from corporate and they don't have much say in what corporate sends them. When I was ordering my 2014 last year the dealership was receiving 5 black and 5 white, all Lux's with black interiors and none with the dual transfer case/HD package. They had no say in what they got. I suspect that corporate schedules a bunch of trucks to go through the assembly line first. Usually these are trucks that are very common in color and options so they know they won't have a problem selling them.

As was said, you should be able to get an order sheet from your dealer that shows the date when it is to hit the assembly line. If they have a VIN then you can pull that info using the VIN.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to what epiclr4 said (nice to see you checking in once in a while, Heath) dealers do get an allotment of LR4s from corporate and they don't have much say in what corporate sends them.

Always around and always have an opinion! :)

I will say there is a beautiful (blue color I had never seen) 2010 LR4 Lux HD Package at a dealership 1.5hrs away. Very tempting!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always around and always have an opinion! :)

I will say there is a beautiful (blue color I had never seen) 2010 LR4 Lux HD Package at a dealership 1.5hrs away. Very tempting!

And since its already used maybe your wife won't mind so much if you scratch it up. :smile: But then again, that blue color may show the pinstripes.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealership's manager. He told me that the VIN # is not released until the vehicle is built and ready to release. They put the order in on 10/27 on their end and he emailed me the specification sheet showing that Land Rover accepted the order on 11/29. So apparently they are just waiting for the build date now from LR.

My gut instinct here is that they forgot to put the order in months ago and covering their tracks. I called and spoke to the manager to see why LR just accepted the spec on 11/29. He told me that when Land Rover starts production they build the first vehicles to bulk so the production line doesn't have to deal with lots of variations and then they send all these bulk order out to dealers. He swears that mine is one of the first customer customized orders.

I called LRNA and they told me they do not get involved in the purchasing process, that each dealership is individually operated and the best they can do for me is to open a complaint and act as a mediator. It seems like that is overkill since the dealer isn't being hostile. I just still have a gut feeling that something doesn't add up. The first custom orders for LR4's are only happening now, doesn't seem possible. It would be great to hear from someone here if they have a different experience.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my dealer recently and he indicated that they were just now getting their first shipments. He said it included a bunch of allocated LR4s, but I know for certain that he told me the first allotment included a custom order...

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealership's manager. He told me that the VIN # is not released until the vehicle is built and ready to release. They put the order in on 10/27 on their end and he emailed me the specification sheet showing that Land Rover accepted the order on 11/29. So apparently they are just waiting for the build date now from LR.

My gut instinct here is that they forgot to put the order in months ago and covering their tracks. I called and spoke to the manager to see why LR just accepted the spec on 11/29. He told me that when Land Rover starts production they build the first vehicles to bulk so the production line doesn't have to deal with lots of variations and then they send all these bulk order out to dealers. He swears that mine is one of the first customer customized orders.

I called LRNA and they told me they do not get involved in the purchasing process, that each dealership is individually operated and the best they can do for me is to open a complaint and act as a mediator. It seems like that is overkill since the dealer isn't being hostile. I just still have a gut feeling that something doesn't add up. The first custom orders for LR4's are only happening now, doesn't seem possible. It would be great to hear from someone here if they have a different experience.

I think what he is telling you is correct. It is very inline with everything my dealership told me when I went to order my 2014. Sucks you have to wait longer but it seems like you are still fine with the deal they gave you. If so, then keep driving the loaner they gave you. They are getting paid to let you drive that vehicle. Might as well make them lose out on that deal.

I was talking to my dealer recently and he indicated that they were just now getting their first shipments. He said it included a bunch of allocated LR4s, but I know for certain that he told me the first allotment included a custom order...

I will say that this is all dealership dependent as they don't all get equal allocation. At least that is what it seemed to me. So maybe his dealership did get a custom allocation while yours did not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM