P00300-P0306 fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Shimmel

Reaction score
2012 LR4 142K miles.
Normal freeway driving when CEL came on. I used my ODB scanner and came up with these 4 faults.
P0300, P0302, P0304, P0306. Engine was running smoothly and I noticed no difference after the CEL came on. I cleared the codes and drove another 100 miles and the CEL did not come on.
Timing chains, guides/tensioners replaced at 67K miles. Oil changed at dealer every 5k.
Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got these misfire codes when driving from NYC to Tampa Florida. I stopped out at a shady gas station somewhere in Georgia off the highway and they only had one grade of gasoline. I was desperate as i only had 8 miles left and had the entire truck filled with luggage and family. I was not going to push my luck any further. Anyways after filling up i got those misfire codes approx 150 miles or so of driving. I blame it on bad quality of gasoline. I ran the fuel down and filled up with shell and threw in a bottle of chevron cleaner. The code went away after i reset the battery. Its been 3 years since that trip and all is fine.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So weird costco gas is pretty good. The four faults are all related so it’s not like its different codes. It’s all caused by one issue. If it doesn’t come back then i’d blame it on the gas.

David Shimmel

Reaction score
Previous owner did it. It appears to have been a lease vehicle. This information showed up on the carfax. It's one of the reasons I bought it. It is in excellent condition. Obviously well cared for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM