P1667

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LocatorF1

Reaction score
I Went to start my 99 range 4.0. It Didn't start. Checked battery voltage it was 10.5 volts. Got a jump and it ran fine for a half an hour. Turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't turn over. Dead again, no click from starter. Took battery out and charged it(batt 1 month old) reinstalled it and It still wouldn't start. Jumped it went for an hour drive. Everything fine. Before shutting it off got the trouble code
P1667: Anti theft alarm fault drive cycle A: signal out of range below minimum.
I checked all the fuses for continuity and I also checked the alternator output (14.4 volts). Battery was 14.4 as well. When I shut it off Battery was 10.5 again. I turned the ign key and checked the battery voltage and it was 6.2. I then cleaned all visible ground connections, jumped it checked voltage(14.4) turned it off and it wouldn't start up again. Not even a click from the starter.
Ground problem? Anti theft screwing things up? Battery is an interstate and only a month old. Starter is brand new and a month and a half old. Any help would be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
bad battery.

LocatorF1

Reaction score
anything else?

Could it be anything else? This is the second battery in three moths. It seems like there may be something draining the battery cells.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ah, more info... if this is the second battery in 3 months, then I would put in a new battery with a test light between the ground cable (disconnected) and the ground of the battery.

At this time the test light should be on very bright since it will be pulling a lot of current. Start pulling fuses (replace them if nothing changes) until the light goes out. You will find your offending issue, my bet is ABS or Airbags.

LocatorF1

Reaction score
Cool thank you! I'm gonna try that asap to see whats up? Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge