Painful video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the HAMMER down!!! (Well atleast a little more anyway) Momentum is your friend in a vehicle that weighs 6k lbs!!! That and in several instances it looked like he didn't give the traction control enough time to shift the power around

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...too slow and then at times he'd just STOP, mid-hill !!!

My only reaction was...***?!?

I actually wheeled with a guy in an LR3 that did something similar but on a much more slippery hill and watched him almost lose it down the side of the slope. It was a long painful recovery. Really an easy climb, just poor throttle management. Everyone else drove right up the hill except for this dude who sort of "lurched" his way into spinning tires and sliding LR3.

I guess it takes experience and practice like anything else...

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if dude actually thought this is good. I mean why would you post this?

Oh well, at least he didn't pop a CV

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...popping a CV wouldn't necessarily be driver error, so maybe this is worse! Yeah I don't know if he thought it was good $hit or not, but I just had to share it. It's like a horror show. Hope no Jeepsters saw it!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing about who would actually post this Vid to YouTube?? It brought The Suck. Looked like RockCrawl, D and a ******** behind the wheel. Heepers are gonna love this vid...

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...popping a CV wouldn't necessarily be driver error, so maybe this is worse! Yeah I don't know if he thought it was good or not, but I just had to share it. It's like a horror show. Hope no Jeepsters saw it!

Sorry I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way - I mean why did dude post this to youtube, not why did you (houm_wa) post this here... :****:

It was a good laugh

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...maybe he was doing a public service announcement on how not to drive an LR3 off road?

MPG_LR3

Reaction score
Pardon my NOOBness

OK guys...I'll bite :ahhhhh:

I'm new to the LR3 scene and off-roading in general but I do plan on taking my LR3 offroad a bit this summer. Other than the fact that the dude in the video seems to be struggling I'm not clear on specifically what he's doing wrong. Are there any threads on this board or other resources I could reference to learn the appropriate way to approach offroading with the LR3? Presumably I would choose the appropriate TR mode and likely drop into low-range and off-road height but beyond that are there things that are specific to the LR3 that I should be concerned about?

I know all this may seem pretty obvious to those who are practiced in the art of off-roading an LR3 but any guidance you guys could provide would be most appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4