Phone and Radio Mute Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
I was just reading the stereo speaker topic and thought of something:

Twice (maybe thrice?) in relatively successive drives, I had phone calls on blue tooth during which the stereo did NOT automatically mute itself, so I was talking over the music.

It happend a few times repeatedly, and it's never happened since.

Anyone else experience this and is it another software glitch or something that needs or can be fixed?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Land Rover gremlin. Definitely not normal, and I've never experienced anything similar with my 2013.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never happened on my 2013 either. Always mutes the audio.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BMW has done it a few times. I think any system is capable of having a hiccup.

AceRider

Reaction score
Interpret as you will, but our other and my past car is/was an Infiniti and it has never had any issues. Reverse camera turns on instantly, stereo mutes when a call comes in, it finds my phone every time, the computerized stuff is on instantly. It doesn't exhibit the little gremlins that LR seems to have.

I still love my LR, but it my exerience, it's computer system is not as reliable as Infiniti's.

jrb1

Reaction score
Muted?

My 2012 LR4 HSE was muted during my 30 minute drive this morning??

Didn't drive this past weekend; but did turn the radio off during my last drive Friday evening.

The only thing that was muted was the back-up warning. Everything else yes: radio, navigation, phone, voice control -- though it heard me OK.

Happened once before when I 1st got the vehicle brand new.

Remained muted after power up w/o engine, and w/engine running both.

TIA,

Jim

jrb1

Reaction score
Even though I couldn’t hear anything (muted) shut down with radio on.

Worked as normal two hours later?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM