Pillowtrack Self Recovery Tracks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are pretty cool. do you think they make in 50' lengths? Those could come in really handy.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great concept, wish I new about those a couple weeks ago... coulda saved a lot of time that was spent ankle deep in mud :hmpf:

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chesapeake- is your avatar pic (in the mud) taken on the same day you were just talking about being stuck? looks fun!

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chesapeake- is your avatar pic (in the mud) taken on the same day you were just talking about being stuck? looks fun!

No that day was fun haha... that pic was taken last year around May... lots of mud but different kind of mud much less viscous then the day I was referring to...

OffRoading5-9-09014_817213.jpg

That *bad* day included the "peanut butter" kind of mud and that combined with snow and ~20 degree temps made recovery a ***** to say the least... and worst of all I had to call my buddy with his jeep to try and pull me out, but in the end my dad's *stock* P38 got me out where my buddy's 35's couldn't :biggrin:

OffRoading5-9-09010.jpg

(P.S. both pics are same *fun* day, didn't get any pics of my guy stuck :flute:)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew I could count on you Nathan. Cool video. Thanks.

(CR - not exactly "treading lightly" there... Shhh.)
:hmpf: :wink:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CR - not exactly "treading lightly" there... Shhh...

Actually, as a TreadTrainer, we were taught about situations like this. Now depicted speed and "soil displacement" is perhaps not a stiriling example, but what is good is that he is driving through the center of the puddle and not wideing the track as you can see other have done in the photo. Treading Lightly is staying on the trail and going through the puddle.

Another aspect is to this scenario is what happens to the mud on the vehicle? If you are offroad in one area, then clean your vehicle in a climatically different area, the soil and plants washed off your car can become invasive species, wiping out your local flora and become an issue.
It's best (although not always possible or practicle) to wash your rig in the same general area of your play area.

Besides which, it's a lot of fun:
772927330_GtsMZ-XL.jpg

Here is another fun video:
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adve...ulch-2010/11046298_uWLX3#772940347_DXpFn-A-LB

Last edited:

Pillowtrack

Reaction score
Hello,
Noticed your discussion, hope we can contribute.
Please note that the PTx are designed to a variety of situations and terrains, while the OLJ test focused on sand. See this example here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pillowtrack/327342381008?ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=156027&id=327342381008
Note that the PTx can be chain-connected to double the travel length (see attached).
And… they can be inflated AFTER one is stuck in a trench – i.e. insert under the stuck tire, inflate and drive on it (see attached).
Pillowtrack

Attachments

• Pillowtrak-Canada-Chilliwack_April_2009.jpg
    Pillowtrak-Canada-Chilliwack_April_2009.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 126
  • connected-s.jpg
    connected-s.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 122

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads