Piston clamp needed for brake job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Rave cd it talks about needing a piston clamp tool to push the caliper pistons back. I haven't heard any mention of this before. I'm planning on changing my brakes out at the end of the month, so I'm just wondering if this piston clamp tool is a requirement or if you can get away without it. Also, what pads do you recommend for best results. I want something that will last a while. I heard ebc's only last 12,000 miles.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I generally use a 'C' Clamp for the calipers.

My EBC have been on for over 20k miles, but then again I don't live in the city.

C

clydon

changing my brakes i used a screwdriver or c clamps to move the calipers back into place. I pried against the rotors with the screwdriver and they went in pretty easily.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks. I was wondering if a regular clamp would be alright. I was afraid I had to buy another "specialty" tool from land rover lol.

S

Stupidjeep

you can use a c-clamp, but you gotta leave the old pads in place and clamp against them

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the tips you guys. I really rarely drive since I work @ home, so I bet I could get away with the EBC pads for 2-3 years easily.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo