Plastic parts falling off:Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

777AIA

Reaction score
So, I am learning that, although well designed... The LR3 (mine is 2008 LR3 HSE) was probably not set up like her desert cousins. I am in Phoenix, and have my car regularly planted (parked) in baking Phoenix sun. My plastic parts (acrovyn?) are popping off all over the place, and black coatings blistering off my tail-light guards, etc. I guess I need to spend some more money and build a garage!
So far, have lost rear mirror stem covers, 8 small panels off lower slide rail areas, and a few items below deck.
Anybody else having similar issues? Planning to find some glue to put them back, as right now, they are mostly snap-in parts. But amazing how many are missing... Just fell off.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd.
Mine has seen its share of heat and I havent had the same issues.
Do you park it near chemicals, like pool chlorine?

777AIA

Reaction score
Not really. Maybe the lawn sprinkler on passenger side...

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived in Las Vegas, had nearly no issues, parked it outside all day long for 3years
other than the slight greying of the plastic, which you can buy the stuff to make it look nice and black again. Other than that I was thinking of having the plastic sprayed with Line-X, fender flare, bumpers unpainted portions.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72