Please assist a prospective LR3 owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
Excellent info, thank you. I do have xenons so I will hold off on the aux lights, and save up for tires instead (the dealer just put new tires on at no cost to me, and I am almost certain they are the GY's). I fully intend to attend the next available wheeler day. I have been doing HPDE (track) events for years and while I still have a lot to learn, I am looking forward to expanding my experience base to off-roading!

I'll have to try and find a local club...

Also, we ordered a Radian65 yesterday!

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
230831202_kBouo-XL.jpg
Who is this? I don't remember a silver LR3 with an expedition rack on the GD2 trip last year. But it's got the stickers from the trip on the side?? :confused:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is this? I don't remember a silver LR3 with an expedition rack on the GD2 trip last year. But it's got the stickers from the trip on the side?? :confused:

It's Buddy Jones. Or was. He returned off lease and bought a Classic.

trackstar

Reaction score
Boaz & txAlfa - what strollers are you guys using? Now that we've gone to the Radian, the "travel system" stroller is too bulky and unnecessary.

txAlfa

Reaction score
Boaz & txAlfa - what strollers are you guys using? Now that we've gone to the Radian, the "travel system" stroller is too bulky and unnecessary.

We have a Peg Perego brand Venezia stroller (found it here) and used to use it all the time when my daughter was younger and will probably use it again with the new one. It lays flat and seems pretty comfortable for a small baby. It is not compact at all, though.

When we took a trip to California a year or two ago, we got a Maclaren Volo (newer model here) umbrella stroller. It is very compact and I can fold it up or open it up with one hand pretty easily. It folds pretty flat and our daughter never complained about being uncomfortable.

I must admit, though, what I think is missing from both models is a cup holder...for me, that is. :biggrin: We got the Peg Perego maybe 5 years ago and the Maclaren one or two years ago. As I'm sure you have noticed, the baby stuff is constantly changing and in many cases, improving. So check out some of the consumer sites (even Amazon ratings) and see what others have to say about some of the newer products.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use a Sit-N-Stand most of the time, which is designed to hold 2 (but can hold 4 in a pinch...) :biggrin:

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just added the second child (1 yr), and the older one (5 yr) walks. The ones with sitting and standing seem nice. Otherwise, we just have some single rider Graco model for the baby and the bigger girl walks along at the mall and such. Strollers are so transitional and we're too practical or frugal to spend tons on something more if we don't need it. The current Graco actually came from a friend who barely used it, but it's 3 years newer than our old Graco and materially outclasses that old one. Truthfully, an umbrella stroller might suffice. Change comes fast for strollers and babies.

trackstar

Reaction score
We just added the second child (1 yr), and the older one (5 yr) walks. The ones with sitting and standing seem nice. Otherwise, we just have some single rider Graco model for the baby and the bigger girl walks along at the mall and such. Strollers are so transitional and we're too practical or frugal to spend tons on something more if we don't need it. The current Graco actually came from a friend who barely used it, but it's 3 years newer than our old Graco and materially outclasses that old one. Truthfully, an umbrella stroller might suffice. Change comes fast for strollers and babies.

I hear ya. We're anticipating another little one late next year, so we'll have an 18 mo old and a newborn, I'd like to buy something compact that will last at least a few years with the 2 of them...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, seriously....if we don't stop talking about car seats, my wife is gonna start ENCOURAGING me to come onto this message board!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a eddie bauer it goes from newborn to a booster

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM