Please help this damsel in need of advice for a Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Sioux

Hi All

I have come to you guys and firls for some real expert help.....

I am on the lookout for a 'pre owned' as they say now Discovery. My wee old beastie is getting tired and needs a ton of welding (92 3dr tdi ~ NO extras!) and also I want just a little more comfort and cental locking etc.

I had a wonderful Series IIA 1968 SWB based that I adored but I got fed up with scrapping the ice from the inside and being as cold as a frozen prawn in the winter, which is why after a brief flirtation with an XR3i (WHAT was I thinking...) I went back to good old L/Rover.

I used to buy all the L.rover mags eyc years ago and used to go and watch the trials and 4x4 races etc, but have lost touch with it all for one reason or another!!

SO that dear friends means I have lost touch with whats good and whats not.

I have been told that I need to be looking for a 96 300 tdi onwards, I am told that the ones with the radio areial in the glass as opposed to the wings are the best as they have 'fly by wire' technology, is that right, what does it mean to the car.

I also seem to recall that after 95 the cambelt changed to something else (wgat I cannot recall) and that I did not need to hound the dealer to give me a new cambelt ~ is that correct or is this a girlie having a dream

I MUST have an automatic and it needs to be the olf 'heavy oil' jobbie as I simply cannot afford to fuel the beast otherwise. What is the autobox like, anything to be aware of, I cannot drive a manual any longer as I have a very disabling back problem and can no longer do the heavy clutch of the black babe that I drive now.

I was looking at the following, what do you experts think?? I would really wecome your help and advise

96(N) LAND-ROVER DISCOVERY Tdi ES 2.5 Litre Diesel engine, 5 door, Automatic, Four Wheel Drive, Service History, Epsom Green Metallic, 117000 miles, CD Player, ABS Brakes, Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Central Locking, Leather Upholstery, Alarm, Driver's Airbag, Power Steering, Mileage Verified, Immobiliser, Electric Windows, two owners, main dealer history, side steps, 7 seater. twin sunroofs, In outstanding condition by any standards this beautiful vehicle has been maintained regardless of expense, Very highly recommended at an attractive £7295

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds good. How much is that in US dollars? $10000 or something? A 96 around here goes for around $7000 depending on condition, but that is not a diesel engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112