Plug/wire question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this helps, and I am not sure if you can clean them in the field or not, but you can take them apart.

Attachments

• injector.jpg
    injector.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 48
  • refit.jpg
    refit.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 47

Chick

Reaction score
Joey, thanks so much. This really helps, since I don't have a shop manual yet. (I just ordered a CD version.)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It could still be a plug issue... try going back to the factory of Champion platinum.

Chick

Reaction score
Joey
Thanks for the link. That helps me out so much. Kind of daunting, the amount of info in there.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, The truck runs terrible, still the same code P0301, so I'm thinking it is an injector problem. How do I get to the injectors? Can I field clean them, or do I have to replace them?
how about some more info on "the truck runs terrible?" as Joey says - you might have a royally screwed MAF (then - no amount of cleaning will work - you simply have to find a replacement that won't break the bank as the stock OEM is just plain silly in how expensive it is); try roverlandparts.com for some decent used MAF's & coil-paks.

Chick

Reaction score
Thanks all. I replaced the plug in cylinder 1, and all seems good again. Either we had a bad plug, or the wire was not set in properly. These plugs are so tough to reach, getting the wire to set properly is a PITA.
Anyway, took it out for a spin, about 60 miles, and no code popped up, so I think we are on the road again.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.

Chick

Reaction score
It seems everything is fine. Truck runs great, has been all over the place, so the issues are solved. Now to figure out how to get a real fuel filter in the line between the tank pump and the injector pump. Anybody done this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't done it on a Disco, but it isn't that hard. Atlantic British use to sell a kit to replace/repair the one on the D1 I would think it would work. It eliminates the screw on version that sucks for us.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink