PO172 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a code for running rich- P0172. I've put in new spark plugs, new air filer, new NGK iridium spark plugs and a new MAF sensor. Any ideas on other things to check?

billj214

Reaction score
Have you cleaned injectors, this fixed it for me, first try fuel system cleaner like BG.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run some Techron fuel system cleaner in the gas a few times in the past year, but I suppose that's not the same.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Techron is similar, but not idential to the BG 44K. The BG product is designed to be used via an induction cleaning as well. Rather than do that, you can put a whole 11oz can of 44K in 2-3 gallons of gas left in the tank and just run a heavy concentrate through, which may work better than extended dilute cleaning (11oz in a whole tank of gas) for stubborn buildup issues.

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put in some Redline SL-1 fuel cleaner that looks highly rated...and found it locally. Hopefully this will work. One other thing that I've noticed that could be related to this is a a surge/stutter at like 5500 RPM.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the cleaning does not work, then it is possible the fuel pump is starting to act up (or its prefilter is clogged). You can get the fuel system pressure tested to see if it is up to *****.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72