Positive Vote for Poly Bushes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After replacing my bushings with stock rubber and getting just 16k out of them I went ahead and ordered the Red Poly bushing kit. I can't speak to longevity yet but I just finished a 1300 mile back country trip and wish I had put them in two years ago when I did them last. The on road handling is much improved and the offroad comfort is still quite good although it is a little harsher. I would highly recommend to anyone that plans to keep their rig long term to go for the poly's. The DSC is much less sensitve now and I had zero issues with any of the related systems.:biggrin:

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, self install? Special tools? I put poly bushings on my Wrangler a couple of years ago.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally I would have done it myself but I was on a limited timeline before departing on the trip (2 days).. I had replaced the OE bushes previously so I can't imagine the poly's being any differant. Expect to take a full weekend to do them all yourself. Took the shop 1.5 days including the alignment just for the fronts...

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any squeaking from the poly?

Keep us update as you get some miles under them

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, please do. What was the budget for these and the install (if you dont mind me asking). I am assuming you used an idie shop.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the IFS Jeep circuit, poly bushings seem to be great too. Mine would get them, but dealer just did them less than 10k ago.

Bushings themselves shouldn't be too much, but it is an involved install, some people on Disco3 just replace the lower control arms with the bushings already pressed in...

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Total bill for the fronts plus alignment (includes rear bushings but not installed) $2300.. I am trying to sell this rig so quite Honestly I hope I don't get to rack up too many miles. There is some squeek with lots of travel but not too noticable around town... I am putting the rears in my self and will get it realigned prior to selling it....
I have always wanted a Defender 110 and have decided that now is the time....

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean you are selling the BEAST! ??
with all the mods you made . . . ?? that thing has gone up in many places us wanna be's DREAM about . . .
don't tell me you sold out and got some Toyota or something . . .

:confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo