Possible Thule rack component: Free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
Hi all, last Friday I traded in my 2011 LR4 (99K miles) for a 2013 model with just over 30K miles. It's in great shape and just got an A+ rating from my indy mechanic who put it on the lift and looked it over closely for me. It's an HSE in Santorini Black metallic with Almond/Arabica interior. A real looker, and NO running boards! :)

I found this item in the backseat and the seller told me to hang on to it. I told them that it wasn't an LR part but they had no use for it. I did some cursory research and it appears to be a clip or part of a clip for a Thule rack system, possibly bike carrier? It has a couple of "belt loop" openings so there may be a strap that goes with this that I don't have.

I have no use for it but it is one of those things that someone in the group might recognize and have a use for either as a replacement or as a backup. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll send it out to you free via slow boat or at your expense if you need it overnight.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS on the new ride!!!! That's great to hear about. Look forward to your posts as you mod it to your liking.

I don't know what that part is, but yes, looks like a tire holder that goes onto a bike rack. Can't see it having anything to do with your factory setup, as you already guessed.

On an unrelated note, I think I have one LR crossbar to unload. I have to dig that out of my garage and see if anyone needs it here. (on my LR3 I had damaged one, but could only find them sold in pairs)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS on the new ride!!!! That's great to hear about. Look forward to your posts as you mod it to your liking.

I don't know what that part is, but yes, looks like a tire holder that goes onto a bike rack. Can't see it having anything to do with your factory setup, as you already guessed.

Thanks! Re the part, I'll just toss it in with my collection of miscellaneous Landy stuff in my garage. It just may someday be that weird and hard to find rando part that someone needs.

I'll post separately if/when I get into any mods! I need to get one of my rims refinished but so far no other plans. However, I have always wanted a low profile rack...

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it might be a paddle holder for a kayak or SUP paddle -- not sure though. I couldn't find it on line.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it might be a paddle holder for a kayak or SUP paddle -- not sure though. I couldn't find it on line.

Come to think of it that sounds right. It is way too small to be a bike tire holder. Thanks for checking. It's still in my box of miscellaneous LR stuff out in the garage. My packrat tendencies are pretty ingrained at this point.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great choice in color!

Thanks! I love it and was surprised how nice the paint finish and interior were. It must have been babied. Off topic a bit but I found this waterless wash/wax detailer product called Wash Wax All (@washwaxall on IG) that works great. I may post some pics on the Showoff Your LR4 section from my latest Landy spa day...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9