Power Steering Leak / ACE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I finally purchased a a 2001 Disco II this weekend with 55K on it. Before doing so, I had a LR mechanic quickly go through it who mentioned that one of the ACE lines or the Pump may need to be changed.

I am planning on bringing it back to get this fixed since its leaking just slightly. I am watching this closely and have been topping off the fluid when needed. Its only a few drops a day but enough to say I want to get this fixed. I read somewhere that if you change the lines on this system its a one piece element which may affect the overall mechanical ability of the pump..I am probably bringing it back to get this looked at but if anyone had this problem, let me know if a new pump may be needed. I think whoever looks at it should I guess run a die to find the small leak....Other than this, no warning lights are on and the ACE is working brilliantly when taking turns. I love this truck.

Thanks for some thoughts on this.

Charlie

S

SteveA

When you take it to the dealer, ask them if this car has had all of its recalls done. There were several for the ACE system including an ACE pipe replacement on some cars. See if yours fits into the VIN range. There were other recalls for improperly torqued bolts and fittings.

Why do you think it needs the pipes replaced? They are similar to the hard brake lines on a vehicle. They don't wear out. The only time I've seen them replaced is for the recall and if the pipe has fractured. I'd make sure all of the fittings on the pump, actuators and valve block are tight before I'd jump on replacing the pump. It's not a system that you want to just throw parts at to fix a small leak.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACE/Power Steering

Hey Steve

Thanks alot. Actually I already checked this and unfortunately the Land Rover Hotline mentioned my VIN did not fall into this recall. So, I agree with you. I certainly think that identifying the line that is leaking makes the most sense. Its tricky to find it though. Anyhow that why LR service makes the big bucks! Like I saidthe pump seems totally functional.

Thanks again
Charlie

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge