Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Mrossfly

Headrest struggle

Is it me, or does anyone else find it a struggle to lift the rear headrest from the lower position? I better start working out more. I used a bit of CRC but that did not seem to help. Waiting for my first service to see the fix.

A

Anthony0303

New LR3

I just bought a new LR3 SE , I have to say i love this thing, I am praying I don't have the issues i've had on my D90. But buying it sad to say, I expect all the LR difficulties. Does anyone know if there is a way to unlock the GPS system to play dvd's in the front ?

M

mvg

But only with modifications such as creating modified video cables, running the cables to the front, perhaps some soldering, and the secret PIN entry to go into diagnostics mode every time you want to watch.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2006 SEV8 and so far so good....I have the notorious transmission lag, random check engine light, and perhaps th biggest PITA is that every so often the cd changer says invalid CD and won't play!!! Thank god for Sirius! Anybody else had this?

As are many others here, I have had my share of "new model' woes from other manufacturers (1999 A6, 1999 Boxster, 2000 ML430, 2001 A8 (loved to hate that car), 2004 XC90 (I think Ford built that truck to make the LR3 appear to be reliable)). I love this truck, but agree, way too many problems for a $50k+ vehicle.

H

hooknows

I have a problem where I cannot roll one of the rear windows up with the master control on the driver's door. However, it will roll up if I use the button on the same door the window is on. Taking it into get looked at next week. I have about 3K miles on the vehicle.

T

tang

This isn't really a bug as much as it's just a design problem, but is anyone else annoyed with the placement of the ignition? I have to lean my head all the way around to see where the keyhole is!

J

JIM

Re 06 Lr3 Just Purchased, Can Anyone Identify The Bings That Sound Sometime But Not Always When The Vehicle Is In Drive Just About To Take Off. Its Not The Parktronic System As It Has Happened When There Are No Cars Or Obsticles Near, The Dealer Says The Car Is Adjusting To Something And My Reply Was If You Dont Know What It Is Adjusting To Whats The Sense In Hearing It? Other Wise The Truck ( Tank) Is Great!

woodmews

Reaction score
Do you live in a cold climate, when the outside temperature is under 39 it dings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4