Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

glfhlic

LR3 suspension/steering problem

Had a bad experience with my 2005 LR3. lost control and crashed after the steering asembly went out. turns out the rack and pinion split in the casting causing a complete lack of steering control. Land Rover roadside assistance was no help and so the insurance company is taking the parts to their lab for examination. anybody else had anything like this?

D

Dhudanish

Make them responsible

Sue them. That is the only thing that they understand. Since FORD has taken them over their customer service has gone to ****. They don't care about their customers and we need to awaken them to the fact that we have legal recouse....

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cottrellr said:
Rovers have a ZF gearbox, and so do many Jaguars. There are problems with these gearboxes (although no more than with Chrysler or Chevy or Ford), and this site explores some of those issues.

L

LR3_Magic

Interesting... I have a 2005 LR3 HSE and have noticed a "clunking feel" in the steering when I go over a bump or hole. If I were driving an older vehicle I would think it needed new tie rods or bushings in the front suspension. Was going to have LR look into it when I take it in for it's first service, but might want to have it looked at sooner after hearing this.

G

glfhlic

LR3_Magic said:
Interesting... I have a 2005 LR3 HSE and have noticed a "clunking feel" in the steering when I go over a bump or hole. If I were driving an older vehicle I would think it needed new tie rods or bushings in the front suspension. Was going to have LR look into it when I take it in for it's first service, but might want to have it looked at sooner after hearing this.
yeh, i would definitely have them look at your steering. had it happened at 75 mph, i wouldn't br writing this

L

LarryHN

roverdawg said:
Well, first off...I still LOVE my LR3. That being said. It's back at the dealer for the following: 15,000 mile service, replace fuel tank (due to recall and acceleration hiccups), engine light is on, suspension faults are back intermittently (compressor replaced six weeks ago), NAV screen flickers (being replaced), Rear Park Distance Control doesn't work on initial start-up (replacing the control unit), rattling front speaker (passenger side). whew! Must say that the dealer/service department has been GREAT (so far). Let's hope they can rectify these problems...
2005 LR3 (purchased October 2004) has had a number of problems. It is in the shop right now getting the suspension compressor replaced (my service advisor tells me the early oens were poorly designed but no recall has been issued). The back up sensors are poorly designed and do not take effect for nearly 15 seconds when you start backing with the "automatic electric" parking brake engaged (a VERY dangerous situation that should be fixed). The radio has been replaced twice due to white noise on the AUX input. Generally there have been far too many defects and the factory is far to uninterested in addressing things like the dangerous back up sensors.

R

rossmelvin

Dhudanish said:
Sue them. That is the only thing that they understand. Since FORD has taken them over their customer service has gone to ****. They don't care about their customers and we need to awaken them to the fact that we have legal recouse....
ALL the companies ford has taken customer service sux
i have had more problems with my volvo xc90 than my dad's old buick
(WAS looking at the lr3)

T

tnhlawyer

Landrover parts system sucks

Landrover's parts supply system is terrible. We had an accident with a 6 week old LR3 in July. It took them NINE WEEKS to get parts. In fact, they finally had to take an airbag from a car on the lot in order to get us out of the shop. I complained long an loud, all the way to Land Rover North America and, as a result, they paid for rental car for whole time and 2 months lease payment. Then, in October, only 3 weeks after getting it back, I took it in for scheduled maintenance and told them it seemed that gas guage wasn't registering properly. I wasn't told about a recall, but it was a problem they were aware of. I again called LR NA and was told they would "expedite" delivery of tank. 5 weeks later I get a recall notice! When I call to find out where my parts are, they magically just came in, but they can't get to installation for 3 weeks! Then, last night, the thing dies on the highway. I thought I'd run out of gas, but after putting in 3 gallons of gas, it still wouldn't start. It is in the servie shop now. Problem is, we're leaving on a road trip tomorrow and the $50k truck I bought with all the bells and whistles can't be driven!

I like th design, it rides well (although i've experienced the "lurch" too) and I haven't had any other problems, but the delay in getting parts is completely unacceptable.

M

mtbutler

Third round in the shop

11/16/05 Back in the shop for tank recall, 7,500 mile service, blown fog light, and we are getting a suspension fault issue all the time. LR told us to turn the car on and off again, not a good solution.

11/17/05 Picked up LR3 and the suspension problem had not been fixed and the neither had the fog light. Had to turn around and leave the car again, they finally replaced the compresser and the fog light.

11/22 engine light went on, had to drop off at the shop again.

Not a good experience as we have been back to LR 4 times since we bought the car. X5 never had any issue, Buy BMW.....

W

w6000

mtbutler said:
11/16/05 Back in the shop for tank recall, 7,500 mile service, blown fog light, and we are getting a suspension fault issue all the time. LR told us to turn the car on and off again, not a good solution.

11/17/05 Picked up LR3 and the suspension problem had not been fixed and the neither had the fog light. Had to turn around and leave the car again, they finally replaced the compresser and the fog light.

11/22 engine light went on, had to drop off at the shop again.

Not a good experience as we have been back to LR 4 times since we bought the car. X5 never had any issue, Buy BMW.....

The Customer Service from Land Rover is Horrible. I have been told numerous times things like "turn the car off an on again" ,and "read the manual". This is unaccaptable. I have also had numerous problems. Including, engine fault lights comming on, speaker problems, low coolent warning light, brake faults, and fuel tank recall. To this date they have fixed not one of the problems, and said they dont have the parts for the fuel tank fix. I forsee a Lawsuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72