Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not hearin anything in the first one...where (when?) is it?

EDIT: I did hear a garbled rattle at the 6 second mark. Is that it?

teamfalcon

Reaction score
I'm not hearin anything in the first one...where (when?) is it?

EDIT: I did hear a garbled rattle at the 6 second mark. Is that it?

In the 1st video you can hear it well at the 11 second mark.

If you drive your Rover everyday, you will not notice it because it gradually gets worse.

Have someone who doesn't drive/get driven in it to sit in the middle seat to see if they hear anything odd.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't hear it....maybe if I were actually in the rig. I hear a droning sound now when I press the throttle, particularly on the freeway. ...but after bolting on skid plates and sliders I don't expect any "normal" sounds anymore.

jgk200

Reaction score
Sounds Like a Washing Machine out of Balance.... I know because sounds similar to mine (06 LR3 HSE 55,000 Miles) Found out Thursday I need a new Rear Locking Diff..... Good Luck!

motz

Reaction score
Last night when i got off from my car, i heard this air leaking sound. i though i had air leak from my tire but it seems like its coming from the suspension. I usually hear noises right after i turned off the car but this time it didnt stop. I went to bed hoping that it will stop by the time when i wake up but its still on going.

im kinda worried now. is this the compresser?

heres the video i took

YouTube - Land Rover LR3 leaking noise

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another trip to the dealership on Friday to have my LR3 checked out. Discovered that the tire pressure (TP) sensor had a bad module and needed to be replaced. So far, both differentials, the TP module, leak from the sunroof tubes, what else? Still, great vehicle to drive!

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
motz, apparently that is the air spring leaking. Was the car lower on that corner when you checked it in the morning?

motz

Reaction score
yes the car was lowered but all four wheels.

I do not see any warning sign on my dash board yet though.....

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that all four corners of the car had dropped even though only one air spring is leaking. Maybe the vehicle is self-leveling and the only way to compensate for the one lowered corner is to drop the other three corners.

Take it to the dealer or try fixing it yourself. Use your ears to try to pinpoint the leak and use a spray bottle with soapy water to see it. Chances are, if you don't take care of this problem, your compressor is going to burn out from overuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo