Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nauset1

Reaction score
I have an 06 and I feel like it will **** me any day if I let my gaurd down. Did you get any feed back on this?

nauset1

Reaction score
same problem it just hasnt broke yet.

Had a bad experience with my 2005 LR3. lost control and crashed after the steering asembly went out. turns out the rack and pinion split in the casting causing a complete lack of steering control. Land Rover roadside assistance was no help and so the insurance company is taking the parts to their lab for examination. anybody else had anything like this?

Did you get anywhere with this? My 06 is trying to **** me and it is only a matter of time before this takes me into the woods.

Euphoricsoul

Reaction score
The biggest problem I've had is that whenever I go to put my small kids in their car seats in the back, as I lean in my pant leg gets dirty from touching the rear tire. This has happened at least 10 times now. :(

Not really much of a fix for this other than to be more careful next time.

Mr. Rover

Reaction score
LR3 Curtain Airbags

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if 2008 LR3's side curtain airbags deploy while off roading. My LR3 took a jump over a sand dune and when it landed its curtain airbags poped out.

Need your feedback on this.

Cheers.

Mr. Rover

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Are you asking us what the emergency landing proceedures are for an airborne LR3?

130677116_hRmKT-L.jpg

Mr. Rover

Reaction score
LOL. Are you asking us what the emergency landing proceedures are for an airborne LR3?

130677116_hRmKT-L.jpg
LOL. Yeah...somewhat like that. Checkout the link below.

http://dubaidesertclub.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1330

This happened in Dubai Desert. The landing was straight and flat without much of a tilt to the right. LR dealer in UAE is repairing the vehicle free of charge, since the insurance company has refused to cover it. This makes me wonder if the airbags inflation was a tech error and miscalculation by the sensors.

Comments pls.

Cheers.

Mr. Rover

Reaction score
LOL. Yeah...somewhat like that. Checkout the link below.

http://dubaidesertclub.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1330

This happened in Dubai Desert. The landing was straight and flat without much of a tilt to the right. LR dealer in UAE is repairing the vehicle free of charge, since the insurance company has refused to cover it. This makes me wonder if the airbags inflation was a tech error and miscalculation by the sensors.

Comments pls.

Cheers.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in. My 06 with 38k miles on it has been a charmer. I'ts taken quite a bit of offroad abuse, and has kept on kicking. I've had a few TSBs performed on it, but nothing out of the ordinary.

kibbi57

Reaction score
We own two LR3's- the oldest for 3 1/2 years. We had the fuel tank problem, and a couple of minor problems. Some we caused ourselves while learning some off-road techniques. Overall, it is THE finest do-anything vehicle on the planet. And I don't work for Rover, I'm just a fan.

jbrockiii

Reaction score
thanks...i guess im gonna start looking for something else.

You should have owned a 1996 Disco I :help: Land Rover's are sooo much more reliable now days than they were then. I had tons of electrical problems- like the rear windshield wiper switch would activate the radio (or some crazy thing like that). Door latch problems......the list goes on and on....

Anyway- I'm on my 5th, so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM