problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

semicntrldchaos

Hey guys i am having problems with my 2005 LR3 and was wondering if you have any suggestions. It all started with some flashes of the check engine light and some bucking and stalling. These symptoms were all pretty minor and the car was still drivable even though i didn't want to drive it with the problem. Eventually the engine light stayed on. Well anyway i brought it to the dealership and at 1st they said the computer just needed updating. One week later the same problem was happening and the light kicked in and stayed on again. I brought it back and they said my MAF was not connected @ some of the pins. This fix worked for a couple of days and then the same problems again. I am pretty frustrated and am tired of going back to the dealership. They say that they have to take care of the most obvious things first but i just want them to fix it. If you guys can shed any light on my situation it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! -TOny

appletigger

Reaction score
I had similar problem with my 06 LR3. Mine occured the first day of the delivery, and I had to take it to dealer every weekend for 6 weeks. They "updated software" twice, "replaced O2 sensor" twice. It's been about 2 weeks since I got it back. I feel your pain. First, I just wanted it to be fixed, but after going back to dealer again and again and again, I was really upset. After expressing my feeling, they ended up keeping it for 2 weeks, (2nd replacement O2 sensor) and gave me Nissan Murano. I filed lemon law. I wasn't going to live with this nonsense.

appletigger

Reaction score
it's in process right now. I told my lawyer that I prefer replacement, rather than a buyback option. Don't get me wrong, I love my LR3. but I want it to behave like a new vehicle. During a month and a half ownership, my LR3 visited dealer 6 times, yes 6 times for services. When I took it in for the last time, my truck had 1700 miles on it. 600 miles from just visiting dearler. (50 miles away from where I live.) I'll keep posted when I get result from my lawyer.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar symptoms, but you won't believe this, but I had a rat that ate through part of my wiring harness. Don't know what part of the world you are, but if rats are active in your area, the wiring in the engine compartment is very tasty to them. I know this sounds crazy, but it cost me $400 to get it fixed, as it wasn't under warranty.

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the US owner's documentation package (but am in Canada - bought a Calif LR3). Anyway there is a clear process laid out for dispute settlement in there. It sounds very rational and reasonable to me.

I don't see why one wouldn't follow the procedures laid out by LR. Only after exhausting those avenues can I see using the lemon vultures.

L

lr3junkie

Shark_LR3 said:
I've got the US owner's documentation package (but am in Canada - bought a Calif LR3). Anyway there is a clear process laid out for dispute settlement in there. It sounds very rational and reasonable to me.

I don't see why one wouldn't follow the procedures laid out by LR. Only after exhausting those avenues can I see using the lemon vultures.

I actually am going thru LR right now, without getting my lawyer involved, and the process is painfull and i am getting the shortend of the stick. They are trying to give me a vehicle that does not have the same options or features as my 05, and they want me to kick in money also.

So, unfortunately I am going to have to have my lawyer get involved, since I don't feel I should have to pay out of my own pocket for a new car.

S

semicntrldchaos

wow i really feel bad for you guys that got new ones this one that i bought was fairly new but still used with real low mileage. Who the hell knows. I took it to the dealership yesterday and the service manager was such an a$$. We talked to the manager of the whole store that we dealt with when we bought the car and he took the car in right away and gave us a loaner LR. I told them to keep it a little longer and lets tackle this problem because im not coming back a 4th time for the same problem!!! AHHHH the frustration and lost time and money!!!!

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the case of a swap out of a car with some apparently unfixable problem, to a new one (with yet another unfixable problem), I would think there are formulas applied for time used, depreciation (e.g. $15 per day) and betterment for say a change in model year.

So yes by my calculations it is reasonable one should be paying out of pocket depending on what you get.

I haven't spent much time in service departments of dealerships. It looks like to me the car companies ought to hire field service engineers and I mean a P.Eng. or PE in to solve these problems more quickly. 4 times is a disgrace.

L

lr3junkie

Shark_LR3 said:
In the case of a swap out of a car with some apparently unfixable problem, to a new one (with yet another unfixable problem), I would think there are formulas applied for time used, depreciation (e.g. $15 per day) and betterment for say a change in model year.

So yes by my calculations it is reasonable one should be paying out of pocket depending on what you get.

I haven't spent much time in service departments of dealerships. It looks like to me the car companies ought to hire field service engineers and I mean a P.Eng. or PE in to solve these problems more quickly. 4 times is a disgrace.

For NJ Lemon Law the equation to determine depreciation is as follows:

Price of car, including taxes, tags etc. X Miles driven up to reported problem / 100,000.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635