Progamming Key Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

iwhound

First of all, I want to say that this forum is great. I've been reading these threads for a while and although they made me think twice about going ahead with it, I just picked up my '06 V8 HSE a couple of weeks ago. The truck is amazing. I'm very happy with it so far and hope that they have addressed some of the issues that some of you have been having with suspension etc. This is my first Rover and overall I have been very satisfied with the sales experience.

My question now is, how do you program the key to turn on your headlights? I searched the forum but couldn't find a thread covering this. When I picked up the truck, the Land Rover button turned on the headlights with the first push, and the rear marker lights with the second push, and off with the third push. Now, the LR button activates the rear hatch release. I didn't program it to do that, in fact it doesn't even mention hatch release in the manual. I tried to re-program it using the instructions in the manual but to no avail. All I could re-program that button to do is activate the panic alarm, which I really don't want because I know that I'll hit that button at 1 in the morning and wake the neighbours up. Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page 25, press and hold the landrover button while also flashing the headlamps. Cool feature, I use it quite frequently.

X

xcursion

I would love to know how you got the LR button to release the hatch...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press and hold the Land Rover button while pressing the tailgate release.

X

xcursion

Tks grommet. Can't say I remember reading that from the manual...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't see it. It's the one "undocumented" function... I don't think it's really supposed to be there and it's possible it will be missing in newer revisions. (FYI: It also doesn't fully release on a single press, just like normal exterior release. On RRS, with the more traditional tailgate, it does fully release.)

I

iwhound

roverman said:
Page 25, press and hold the landrover button while also flashing the headlamps. Cool feature, I use it quite frequently.

I tried that as described in the manual. Flashed lights from auto to on, from off to on, didn't seem to take. I'll try it again and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply.

T

texas911

Me too, used to work the headlights now it does the rear latch even when the alarm is turned on, which then sets off the alarm. Dumb.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont turn them on and off, flash 'em, the high beam stalk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635