Purge Valve Code fault P0441

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I can't figure out what keeps causing this light to pop up P0441. I already replaced the purge valve and it didn't help. I even checked the gas cap to make sure the seal is still good and no problems. Checked for vac leaks and can't see any leaks. Does anyboyd have any idea what's going on.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is for an incorrect purge flow, did you instal a new Rover or aftermarket valve? Did you try to clear the code, I know it is a silly question but it is amazing how many people don't.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a OEM part from the dealer. The engine light goes away and comes back with the same code. I try clearing it and it just comes and goes still.

blondi5431

Reaction score
P0441

I just got my land rover discovery, it says SE7 so whichever model that is. Anyway, I have a service engine soon light on, the diagnotic code is p0441. What do I need to fix this, is it easy, and how long can I drive it like this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First read the owners manual, there is nothing worth then some one who doesn't even know what model Disco he is driving.
I would suggest you go find a local Rover mechanic that can decide why your Evap. flow is incorrect and fix it.

blondi5431

Reaction score
purge valve

i have read the manual thank you. I'm not familiar with land rovers, and all it says is discovery..but i know there is a difference between parts based on my VIN number (or so i have been told by the land rover dealer) I know there is something wrong, and i don't have much time to take it in. i wanted to know was how long i can drive with it like this, and is it going to cause any problems, because i want to change the part myself. i'm currently here in TX for training and my husband is in Cali, so he is unable to help me. I was hoping the first person to post about this could tell me what fixed the problem since the purge valve didn't work, in case i run into the same troubleshooting issues.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An SE7 is second from the top model in a seven seat set up.
As for driving with that code, you will be fine for awhile, passing off gas vapor but not effecting the engines performance.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try the vale at the charcol canister most common thing to cause that light to come on with that code. always fail/

adhamkamel

Reaction score
Mikeli, have you figured out what was the problem? I have P0441 code and have changed a new Purge valve, gas cap (factory parts), and no leak on smoke test( done by Webster Range rover, NY). They wanted to take down the gas tank with another 2-3 hours labor!

ozdo4212

Reaction score
Under car by the passanger side the catalitic converter is the connection from the purge valve check it an lube the seal may be your solution

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90