Question for LR4 owners that switched to 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmars

Reaction score
Where are you guys suggesting to buy Compos these days?

tuff ants with the LR centers if a very nice cost effective option

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day jmars, Compomotive's website seems to have changed recently. I understand the company has not
changed hands. A couple of years ago I had dealings with Company Manager Barry Dixon. The current
email contact is: [email protected] They resolved my problem.
Interestingly, website does not list any International dealers. Potential buyers need to submit their location
details & the company will advise nearest sales points.
The former Australian distributor no longer sells the product. Green Oval Experience (GOE) accepted my
money in advance for wheels & protection gear, then didn't deliver anything until I'd advised Compomotive
directly of my problem. I was only one of around a dozen Aussies in the same position.
I eventually got my wheels many months later, but had to pay Customs duties,tax, costs etc, which I had already paid in advance to GOE. The rest of the ordered gear has never arrived. Fortunately PayPal
investigated on my behalf & I received a full refund as GOE allegedly did not respond to PayPal. Phew!!
The Compo's look great on my Corris Grey D4 with BFG KO2's. I'm much happier now in very rough terrain
as the KO2's have very tough sidewalls.
We obviously now have good distributors here in Oz as I'm seeing more & more Compo's on D4's - I don't see Tuffants here often. I found APT Offroad in Brisbane & they supplied all the protection gear I'd previously ordered & paid for with GOE. I'm very happy now after a stressful time.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jmars,
In the US, we have Lucky8 Llc and Johnson Rods as sources for compos. There might be others as well.

I just bought compos from lucky8 recently. I like the tuffants as well, but needed new rims in a hurry and the tuffants are not in stock.

jmars

Reaction score
Thanks - JR and LK8 are still the best game around I see.

Thanks for the confirm

matpip74

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Tuffants 18" in alloy as the steely are out of stock for a while. Would you think that they have the same geometry than the steel version? I'm planning to buy 265/65r18 KO2s which according to few members are ok with Tuffants steel on the LR4. I was wondering if that would be the case with the alloy version as well. Any confirmation? Thanks

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Tuffants 18" in alloy as the steely are out of stock for a while. Would you think that they have the same geometry than the steel version? I'm planning to buy 265/65r18 KO2s which according to few members are ok with Tuffants steel on the LR4. I was wondering if that would be the case with the alloy version as well. Any confirmation? Thanks
They're both 18"x8". Not sure what your question even means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matpip74

Reaction score
What I mean is that I'm not 100% sure that the offset of the alloy rims is exactly the same of the steel rims. So the fact that 265/65 tires work well on tuffants steel rims, might not imply that they work equally well on tuffants alloy rims. Most likely yes, but I was checking if someone had direct experience with the alloy version.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72