Radio Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out most of the time when you change the battery it's the fuse that powers the amp, this fuse is located behind the glove box. Remember an amp powers the speakers not the head unit.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. It happened to me twice. I don't think it's a battery issue, since mine was changed last year. In my case, i had to torn of the car completely and wait till the radio display would be off. After starting the car, radio was working.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my 05 SE7 and it wasn't battery related. Dealer determined the radio unit was defective and replaced it. I had that problem a second time several months later and they replaced it once again. It would start working after a few restarts, but would continue acting up until it was replaced.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMTIFAN, did the head unit come on and you get now sound out of your speakers? Becasue my head unit comes on and it was working before I changed the battery. I called my local dealer and he said sounds like you blew a fuse somewhere or the headunit wouldn't come on.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the radio would turn on and function normally except there wasn't any sound. The sound would eventually return, but would happen randomly. I'll look for the service docs and see if there's anything that may be of help.

Last edited:

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMTIFAN, thanks for the help I will look for your reply and help in the future, I'm taking it to my local Landrover dealer and the guy said sounds like I blew a fuse so I will let you know hot that goes.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMTIFAN, thanks for the help I will look for you reply in the future

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99