radio/nav fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't really the biggest problem (yet) but a couple times in the last few weeks both my nav and radio have failed at startup. The radio appears to be on but no volume, meanwhile the Nav goes to the LR logo screen and never gets to the disclaimer screen. The only way to reset them seems to be to turn off the car for at least 5-10 minutes and start over. I'm positive that I could never replicate at the dealership to get fixed. For now, it's just a small inconvenience but it would nice to fix whatever the problem is before my extended warranty expires this summer.
Anybody have this experience before??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it to the dealer in that condition next time it happens, if possible. Another thing I do sometimes is videotape the condition, like with a Flip Video or something like that.

Goontoe

Reaction score
My 2008 LR3 does that occasionally also. I have noticed that it seems to happen when it is a cold morning (temps under 35 degrees). It seems to impact the AUX (satellite radio) and the CD player. If I flip over to FM or AM, the sound returns and the controls work. Very odd.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My aux input does the same. I thought it was the iPod or interface module but who knows. Once the car and iPod warm up I have to restart the car and it works fine. ??? My nav will flash navigation not available on the cold mornings as well but goes away quickly.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not alone. If it happens this sparingly for the next 10 years I'd be ok with it. If it gets worse...well i"m sure it would be a cheap fix (LOL). I'm not sure it's the weather in my case. It was in the twenties the other week when I ran a bunch of errands and everything was fine until the 4th or 5th restart when it did it. Houm, I think that's what it's gonna take, going straight to the dealer when it happens. I'm pretty sure once things don't work, they will stay not working until I restart.
Thanks for the input guys!

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 LR3 does that occasionally also. I have noticed that it seems to happen when it is a cold morning (temps under 35 degrees).

Mine used to do a similar thing in the morning when I first start it. I soon found out it was because those brilliant guys at Oreilly gave me a smaller than recommended battery which went bad after a year. I replaced it with the correct size and it hasn't happened since. You'd be surprised how picky the LR3 electronics are to battery starting amps.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running 3.5 yrs on my battery in cold winters 0F and hot summers 110f. Looks like I need to start shopping.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah one time my wouldn't unlock. I pulled the fuse out, put back in, all was fine.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole nav system doesn't even start up at all and the radio sections dimmer lights are off also. The only way I can get the naz system to reboot is to pull the fuse. Then it might work for several on and offs but usually after I shut off it won't boot up again. Going to take to dealer soon (when they can schedule me in) for a software update (reflash). Plus a few other computer related items.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99