RAI/Snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a doubt regarding this, I've read that LR's Raised Air Intake is not a proper snorkel because it is not sealed or something like that? while Safari's snorkel is actually sealed.
I am not really keen on Safari's design tbh so I was thinking about buying Safari's system and use the sealed tube that goes under the bonnet from the airbox to the side vent and then connect it to LR's part which exterior design I do like.
Would that work?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I only have one question....do you REALLY need that $hit?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmm only for august september and october, the rest of the year is dry as hell.
I can live without it tho, I will probably buy a winch first hahahah I just want to know if that would be possible.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, there are snorkels on ebay that are pretty good knock-offs of the safari snorkel

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brilliant! thanks srschick I'll consider it as a way to save some quid hahaha the fleabay is always useful :p
My stealership here expects me to pay them about 1,700 usd for the RAI hahahah they've got another thing coming

devildog01

Reaction score
I bought mine off ebay. $129.00 chinese one. Came with everything needed to seal it up tight and besides a few minor mods went together pretty easily. Very well made at a 3rd of the cost of oem. And yes I do go in water that deep from time to time.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered one of the ebay ones, I'll update once I get it installed.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a knock off one off amazon about a year ago, still holding up well in the Arizona sun, no fading, no cracking. I actually hit a cactus with it (not on purpose) and no damage. It's cheap, but it gets the job done and is water tight. No sense in spending $900 when $120 will do the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo