Random HDC Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got an HDC fault, and if so, what was it for?

Today I got a totally random fault. I believe I'd just put the truck into Access Height; I'm not sure I even let it finish lowering (which shouldn't matter). I turned it off, then had to turn it back on rather quickly (within 20 or 30 seconds). I let it finish its System Check like I always do, but when it fired up it gave me an HDC fault. I think there was another mention of a Transmission something-or-other as well.

Anyway, I re-booted it and saw no sign of the fault thereafter. I'm not going to worry about it unless it occurs again, but if anyone else has experienced anything like this, I'd love to hear about it. I have recently had work done on the rear brake pads; but that's about it.

Thanks in advance.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had them from bad battery, bad height sensor wiring, wiring chewed from rats on engine, transmission issues, bad temperature sensor.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them from bad battery and bad suspension compressor. Also, I think, in very cold weather.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah; I sort of figured it was a voltage-related issue. The battery should last more than 3 years, but it is a highly electronic/computerized vehicle so...

tonysheeba

Reaction score
it can ur battery weak. u r not mention u r car model .L320 and LR3 MAY BE BATTERY, THE FAULT OCCUR WHILE CRANKING OR DRIVING .hope fully no any suspension accideny damage, this message related with ABS .may be sttering angle sensor or now a days brake lamp switch getting faulty ony L320 and LR3
KINDLE PLEASE INFORM U R CARMODEL
[email protected]

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 LR3. You make a good point, it was while "cranking" not driving. Most likely the battery is getting low or voltage to system was low. Dealer rep mentioned that I could observe how long it takes the (electronic) ignition to crank over and start the engine; apparently that is an indicator. Thanks.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As has been stated here, I've also had it pop up with a bad battery. Had the dealer test the battery and it failed the check and was replaced under warranty. So far that's the only time I've encountered the fault.

Cheers

tonysheeba

Reaction score
u r battery weak need to recharge and check again the same problem presist need to renew battery, may be some battery drain need to check with some dealer ,battery drain means car automatically consuming current from battery overnight

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...well the battery is over 3 years old and one time a year or so ago I had the radio on and I drained it down pretty good so I may be due for a new battery; I doubt there is an actual current-draw issue.

Thanks all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635