Random misbehaviour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While waiting for the new compressor my LR3 has presented 2 new random errors:

1st- 2 days ago I used the parking brake as per usual (I use it almost every time I park) and it started flashing a yellow brake light and saying parking brake fault after I turned the engine off. I then turned it on and drove to disengage the brake and it worked normally... fault hasn't repeated ever since. what could that be??

2nd- today when lowering it to access height it immediately kicked into extended mode, I lowered it to normal and to access again and the same happened !! I finally managed to get into access mode by quickly pressing down the lever about 3 times,has anyone got any idea of why does it do that?? or a similar experience

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have an experience where the vehicle kicked into Extended Mode, and never quite got there....because it first threw a cross-articulation failure due to a bad sensor calibration (or so we think). The whole story is detailed on a different post, probably still on the forum's first page.

The EPB fault sounds unrelated.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what caused the EPB failure, but I wouldn't worry about it unless you get it again. Same thing happened to me a few months ago. One failure with related message in dash. Hasn't happened again since... don't know the cause.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah I remember about your case houm, I posted an answer actually in that thread...

as for the EPB, I am using it less now only when absolutely necessary hope it doesn't happen again.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only guesses for the access height/extended height is are that either:
1. Might be possible that a shock was binding and it caused enough resistance for the car to think that it had an obstacle underneath.
Or
2. It might just happen that one of your height sensors is calibrated near the bottom of its range. When you go into access mode, it lowers to the very bottom of its travel and the car kicks up into extended mode thinking something is wrong. Since it happens so rarely, my thought would be that perhaps it's fine 95% of the time, but keep in mind that the suspension doesn't adjust until you're 10mm out of calibration. Therefore, if you were already calibrated near the bottom range AND you were at the bottom of that "free play" zone AND you went into access mode, perhaps it would go out of range and kick the car into extended mode.

Just me thinking out loud...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the EPB module fail, it's an expensive POS, given that in the 'olden' days a lever and a cable just fine. Yellow light once in a while is fine, just wait til it starts dinging and blinking red every 30 seconds or so...drive ya bonkers!

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the EPB module fail, it's an expensive POS, given that in the 'olden' days a lever and a cable just fine. Yellow light once in a while is fine, just wait til it starts dinging and blinking red every 30 seconds or so...drive ya bonkers!

when I bought the vehicle I wasn't aware of the EPB system! wen I realised what it was I thought immidately "******* technology makes everything more prone to failure" a lever and a cable is far better than this rubbish we all know it, even the imbecile engineer who came up with it.

that makes a load of sense cmb6s

M7CCF

Reaction score
Hi for the extended mode , check all height sensors. For sticking , check they are free to move on the top pivot , I see it every week [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd