Range Rover HSE 4.6 no crancking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snuif

Reaction score
Hello,

i have a range rover 4.6 HSE, wo will no longer run.

There is no firering up on the sparkplugs, there are different messages comming on the dashbord "Doors open, Roof open, Engine locked,....." and manny more.
Al happend after a leakage from the cooler, the wiring under the hood was wet.

Ok, all "Error Messages are gone" and the next problem is arrived.

Display message "Engine Locked" - "Press Unlock Key" after i do so it says "Engine Start", when i turn the ignition key nothing happens no cranking, so also no firing.

All fuses checked and they are OKE.
So i'm at the end. :ahhhhh:

On the passenger drivers side (Eurpean Version) i found a totaly oxcidated connector (green oxcidated water) wich goes to the
Body Electrical Control Mod-ule (BECM), so that thing is to repair first.
BECM box is dry, no water or anything else, all cable connections OK.

I repaired the connector, i have shortcuted the startmotor and it was crancking and again no firing, petrol pressure is oke.

Somebody any idea, where to look next.:help:

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Two things I would check, first is the battery to make sure it is still good (it may have gone dead). Second it if the BECM wiring got wet, you need to make sure the battery is disconnected when working on or repairing these wires or it can ruin the BECM, then you need to make sure that all of the cables in that area are free of corrosion. Sounds like possible bad wiring or corrosion or possible bad ground.

It also sounds like the water leak is from the heater core or at least bad O rings in at the heater core. I would make sure that you also fix the leaking heater core or the issue will come back.

wind in my hair

Reaction score
a little off subject

i know this is a little off topic but im in the market tobuy a Land Rover Sport Supercharged i
love this car ...im looking for a lease and the only place i could get my hands on one was on the
net and im trying to get a little feedback on if its safe to buy that way so any feedback would
be helpful heres the link to the lease company if you want to check it out ..it sounds good to me
but im a bit iffy about the whole thing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM