Range Rover Roof Rack - Keys lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmatteson001

Reaction score
I have a factory roof rack for a 2005 Range Rover, but I do not have the keys for the rack (to move the bars, etc.) The locks on the roof racks have a number on the outside of them, but when I contacted Land Rover and my dealership, both told me they could not replace these keys, and I should contact a locksmith.

Has anyone else had this issue? How much would a locksmith be (vs. buying a new rack)?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would call a locksmith and get a quote... shouldn't be more than $50 or so.

tjquill

Reaction score
The factory rack is made by Thule. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Thule seems to have trouble figuring out replacement keys for these racks because there is no N in front of the number. That seems to confuse their customer service mightily.

Please give them a try and let me know if you have better luck or get a CSR with clue: Tuesday to Friday 8:30 to 5:30 pm (EST) Consumer Service #: 800-238-2388. If you do find one that can help, please get their name for us.

Good luck.

tmatteson001

Reaction score
No luck with Thule.

I also tried to order a new key from Rackattack.com, but they called me and told me that since Thule lock numbers always start with a letter and the numbers do not go as 400 (mine is in the 400s), so that didn't work.

I brought it to a locksmith last week, and the kid working there played with it for like and hour and couldn't find a key to make, so he asked me to come back when the master locksmith is there. That is where I currently stand.

What a PITA.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always buy a set of lock picks...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635