Range Rover Sport Bushings on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I remember reading that a few guys here on the forum replaced their LR3 bushings with Range Rover Sport bushings. I've been looking for that thread, but cannot find it.

Can anyone tell me if they've done that and what sort of performance difference there may be?

Last edited:

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have an LR dealer retrofit them or an indy shop? Were they more expensive? Now if only we could retrofit the active sway bars from the sport :argh:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ethere: How long have you been running them? No problems with TC, DSC or any other electronics?

The LR3 Swaybar bushings have been revised since original, but not the Control Arm bushings, so this may indeed be a good upgrade.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good tip, thanks. Mine hits 100K (and thus out of extended warranty) in 400 miles. Next time mine go, I'll ask for the RRS version.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's good if they last a little longer. My guy at the LR dealership says he still changes bushings in the RRS, just not as frequently as with the LR3. There could be many reasons for this. There are more LR3s on the road, first of all. ...and more owners wheel their LR3s vs. their RRS. ....but I've also heard the bushes are more stiff and I'm sure that matters. My only concern was that they don't jack up the electronics by being too stiff!

ethere: Thanks for the info. A few more questions...how do you drive? Do you push your LR3 very hard? Ever take it off-road with those bushings? I really want to make sure it doesn't tweak out the rig before I make the switch. Thanks much.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info....I believe only one pair of bushes in the LR3 are liquid-filled, and that is the rear bushings on the front lower control arms.

...could be wrong though!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP - Wish I hadnt missed this post, I just replaced my LR3 bushings (with LR3 bushings). Both of the liquid filled trailing control arm bushings had ruptured. 69K miles on a 2006 - which is better than some make it.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made it over 80K on the originals. Won't have the LR3 by the next time they are replaced.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bushings are pretty much identicle so i dont know how you would get performance out of bushings. the difference is the bushin sits a little more out on the sport since its a different arm the ride height is set a little different to make alignments easier. the only thing different is the set depth your push in the bushings

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99