Rasta Swing Away Tire Carrier...Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am thinking about biting the bullet and getting one of these shipped over from israel. i've read a few folks thoughts regarding the rasta tire carrier on here but they are a bit old. i thought i'd check to see if anyone has any updates. i am wondering how difficult the install is. i would probably try to install this with a buddy of mine at his shop. also, how is it on a daily basis, ie easy to latch/unlatch. price is $1250. rasta could lessen the price with a a group buy. any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - A custom one would likely be cheaper. And likely substantially.
FWIW - my fully custom welded steel 1/2 cage in my old race car cost $550.

P1000569.jpg

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the Rasta one mount to the bumper? I bet you could fabricate one pretty easily actually... just gotta get the right people to do it for ya

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the Rasta one mount to the bumper? I bet you could fabricate one pretty easily actually... just gotta get the right people to do it for ya

You have to drill a hole in the right top of the bumper cover and weld on the swing arm's shaft. Look underneath the cover. A big steel bumper extends all the way across.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the install, but it's a nice piece of kit. DuckDive on this forum has one.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill through bumper for the Rasta. Someone (hint, hint) recently hinted to me that an established manufacturer may be coming out with one soon. I'm working on a design as we speak. I've sourced the hinge and clamp and am working out the tube details. Don't hold your breath though. More than likely this will be a one off. Less than $1,200 for sure, but, it will be fabbed exactly how I want it.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the install, but it's a nice piece of kit. DuckDive on this forum has one.

Here is some close ups of the Rasta set up. Very clean, looks like stock. Glad I pulled the trigger on one of these when BP had them in stock. Have had it for about three years now and has been rock solid. No shaking or vibration on the trail. If you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k . . . kinda odd question . . . say one either goes with this bumber mod or, say, the hidden winch in front.

God forbid there is an accident . . . does the insurance still kick in considering one has made a mod to a stock vehicle?

But D@MN that looks really nice . . .

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys.

duckdive...thad does look solid. i appreciate the pics. is there a mechanism to look the wheel to the carrier other than lug locks?

i am going to check with a few of the local off road shops around me about the price of getting a carrier fabricated. i am not too optimistic about it being much cheaper, and i am a bit worried about the finish not being as nice/sturdy as the rasta.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635