Really high idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
First and foremost thanks for your posts guys. I took it just now to a shop that specializes in Metric Autos, the tech told me that, as I believe somebody else pointed out Joey, that the ECU has to be re-mapped after the second fuel pump was installed. I was told by someone on this board thru a phone call that my problem had absolutely nothing to do with the fuel pump (and to get it out of my head that the high idle problem was not related what so ever to the pump) henceforth I never mentioned the new fuel pump to anybody but Rover Cannibal http://www.carcannibal.com/rover/. (the people who fixed it to begin with ~ the fuel pump). After the fourth plus mechanic (I decided to tell him about the second fuel pump) he said that the ECU was *confused* (the ECU did not re-map the baseline idle even though I had left my battery disconnected several times/ and also over night. In addition, "there are certain capacitors that sometimes hold on long enough that the preverbial "slate" is not wiped clean....") So far the problem is resolved..Thanks again Joey, Carl, and Sergei

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could help, but sorry it took so long to get fixed. So what happened to the fuel pump that you had just installed? You only had it in for about a month before it went bad correct?

Just curious.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of oddish b/c basline idle is actually set up @ manufacturing time and thingy that changes it is sealed (but accessible) and its mechanical... But ECU indeed may go nuts over new mixture..

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
The official LR term used today was resetting the adaptations.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The question is did it work?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72