Rear bumper height hitch receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, First I would like to say that I am new here and like the posts and information that is here. I have recently bought a 2006 LR3 HSE and am slowly and cheaply as possible building it in to a decent trail runner. Over the last two months I have been fabricating a front hitch receiver and a bumper height rear receiver. What do you guys think of the rear one? Do you think there is a market for them here in the States?

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 20

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• LR3 Mitchel Hitch mounted.jpg
    LR3 Mitchel Hitch mounted.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 19
  • LR3 Mitchel side view mounted.jpg
    LR3 Mitchel side view mounted.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 20
  • LR3 Mitchel straight view rear no cover.jpg
    LR3 Mitchel straight view rear no cover.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 22

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know about the Mitch Hitch. From what I can tell they won't ship to the States. I am also thinking of a price of under $300 instead of $650 plus shipping if you can get them to ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be interested. I am assuming it would be rated to 7700lbs like the factory hitch. How about tongue weight?

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't give you exact numbers because the unit has not been tested officially. What I can tell you is from installing it it feels much sturdier than the OEM hitch. I would not hesitate of a second to haul a 7700 lb. trailer with it. I have put I hi-lift jack it to the receiver and jacked up the entire rear end of the LR3 (in fact I bent the Hi-Lift and absolutely nothing budged on the receiver). It has 3 grade 8 5/8" (16mm) bolts that attach to the cast iron mount that the OEM hitch installs into. The bottom plate is 3/8" steel and the chain rings are 1/2" round. As far as tongue weight Land Rovers limit is 550lb. I again would not hesitate to put that much weight on this hitch. PM me if you are are still interested and we could discuss being you being a guinea pig.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get my e-mail, you never responded..

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the front hitch you're working on?

I could entertain that idea too. I don't have any great pictures of it pictures of it but I can get some soon. I had to cut a little bit of the plastic air ducting in front of the radiator and a bit out of the tow loop cover panel to get it to fit. I was however able to just bolt it on right behind the bumper in the same mounting holes. No cutting of metal pieces or relocating the washer fluid reservoir.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what the skinny jean designers don't get. People tow sh-t with there trucks. I can't stand the front and rear bumper design on the LRs, the plastic is driving me nuts. I love the hitch!!! I can't stand that factory hitch.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JAAMRODE:
Any further developments with your bumper (Front and Rear) hitches? I think there could well be a market, though not sure how wide or what your overhead and price-point is.
I've used the OEM hitch to tow a car trailer loaded with a 1986 Jaguar Vandem Plas. I think that weighs in around 6000 lbs. I just towed my 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe truck (using a tow strap and the tow loop) and we made it home about 3 miles without any issues. The LR3 definitely has the guts to do things, just the plastic "Soccer Mom" coverings need revision.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM