REAR DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironically, my indie shop recommended a local Aamco tranny shop that has had good success and positive feedback working on this issue in the Rover. I'm not sure how they would handle scanning the vehicle to make sure there aren't unrelated systems generating codes because of this system, loose wires, etc. Maybe I should check that shop out...:call2:

olabodejegede

Reaction score
Hey Mate, did you eventually solve your Rear Differential problem? Most times just getting the actuator motor out from the assembly and servicing it solves the problem. You also have noticed a fault on the dash screen "TRANSMISSION FAULT, TRACTION REDUCED" immediately when you start or switch off engine.
Take motor out, hit with a wooden or rubber mallet while you try to feed with power from battery manually.
Replace the serviced motor, change the differential Castor Oil(if not replaced in a long while) and get someone with SDD or JLR IDS to reconfigure rear differential module. You should be fine if not replace Motor.
Also take note of a Fusible link fuse 40A Power supplier in the Battery Fusebox and also there is an ignition supply fuse(No 24) in the passenger side fusebox, check if they are still intact.
I have a diagram of the Electronic Rear Differential illustration attached.
Good luck

Attachments

• ELECTRONIC REAR DIFFERENTIAL.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 70

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached is the section of the manual dealing with the diff lock motor, I haven't even looked at it so not sure if it will help or not.

Attachments

• differential locking motor (51.05.03).pdf
    84.8 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99