Rear End Dropped/ Shocks? Air... confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bird

Reaction score
I've been floating since figuring out all my little troubles with my 99 disco. fixed a front wheel hub about a week ago. also, solved my front sunroof leak problem (alignment) and sunroof motor. it was great UNTIL

I just walked out to move my disco for street cleaning tomorrow, and as soon as i approached the car, noticed that the rear of the car was sitting extremely low, with the tires in the wheel wells.
i have never had a shock problem and the car just came off a lift where i think we'd have seen any problems. also the car was parked and not touched since sunday night, Two days ago and was fine.
could this be a shock leak i am completely lost and now on the verge of driving this thing into the Hudson River, but i really really like it.

Air shocks? What? Does anyone know what this could be? I don't have to move it for a day or two, but it just feels awful to come out and see it look this way.
the front end is sitting up as usual... but now is pointed at the sky and the rear mud flaps are about an inch off the ground, as if there is NO suspension
Where do i begin

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like SLS issues... could be the pump or the sensors.

strutmastr

Reaction score
It sounds to me like your compressor got killed. What probably happened is that the airbag got a hole or tiny crack in it so the compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag killed the compressor. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM