Rear hatch problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their rear hatch? Just to be clear I'm talking about the window portion that flips up when you open up the back. I have recently noticed a rattling noise coining from the back. I initially that the cargo cover was loose. I had my wife drive around while I sat in the back and tried to pinpoint the noise. I found it was coming from the rear window. Even more startling was that a section of the plastic cover on the window (where it slopes downward) was warped. I called the dealership and have an appt to get this looked at/fixed but was just curious if anyone else has seen or heard of this. Not sure what would have caused this.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had any rattles in my '10 LR4, but if something like that trim is warped, I'd assume it's rubbing against something else, since there is always a little flexing in all structures. I'm sure the dealer will set it right. Funny how you had your wife drive while you tried hunting down that sound in the back. Bet you're happy you have tinted glass back there ;-)

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was in the back like a creepy weirdo and there just happened to be a pair of college co-eds in a jeep wrangler right behind us. Don't know if they noticed me in the back or not. Thanks for the response. I'm sure the dealership will get it taken care of next week. It's just annoying as hell driving right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM