Rear / Trunk door STUCK closed. Can't open...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hubie

Reaction score
Today I went to close my rear/trunk door on my 04 Discover SE II but it didnt shut properly. Seemed like the latch the closes and locks it didnt work right. I closed it again a little harder and it locked. But now it wont open!

The handle to open the door is completely stuck in a squeezed position (squeeze the handle to open the door. Mine is permanently squeezed in now).

Trying to open from the inside does not work either. The door appears stuck and locked.

How can I fix this? Can I avoid getting over charged at my dealer and just get my trunk door working again?!

hubie

Reaction score
Please help! I cant afford to have the dealer rip me off to unlock my trunk door. unless that's what i end up having to do. let me know if you guys have seen this problem. seems like a lot of people have had this stuck rear door before!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I was out of town this weekend without computer access.... (dang I Do that a lot lately).

Start by going out an buying some of your favorite brake free or rust removal spray (just don't tell me your buying WD-40 and I will be happy). anyways... spray the handle a lot, also remove the Land Rover emblem from the plastic (yes it comes off) and spray in there till you can get the handle to start working.

Hopefully slamming it shut with it stuck in the open position did not jam the door or it may require two people to open.... one pulling with handle and the other pushing hoping not to hit the ground when it opens.

racingwoody

Reaction score
You may have to reach up and pull the actual handle down manually if it is stuck up.

Kylis

Reaction score
I still have a problem with this sometimes after using some brake free, (I've got to try popping the Land Rover emblem now!) but I was able to pull the latch back into the normal position, spray, manually engage and disengage the latch a few times and it will start working again.
I've had to do this two seperate times.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Spend about 5 minutes working it and spraying it with a nice lube.

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
Well, I stumbled onto this site looking for a cure for my 03 Disco's stuck rear latch. This resolved it! Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to know that would could help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99