Reccomendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pretty much tear down and rebuild the brakes, rotors, rear drive shaft, air conditioning system and exhaust including cats. Plus drop the pan to clean out the oil intake and replace two tie rod ends.

Anyone have a reccomendation of an honest rover mechanic in the SW suburbs of Chicago in case I either get stuck or just get tired of working on my baby?

97 Disco SE7
135000 miles

Thanks

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pretty much tear down and rebuild the brakes, rotors, rear drive shaft, air conditioning system and exhaust including cats. Plus drop the pan to clean out the oil intake and replace two tie rod ends.

Anyone have a reccomendation of an honest rover mechanic in the SW suburbs of Chicago in case I either get stuck or just get tired of working on my baby?

97 Disco SE7
135000 miles

Thanks

Hey Tommy - I am in the Chicago area and know of several resources in that part of town in our club who can help you out. Send me a message if you get stuck. In the meantime check out chicagolandroverclub.com

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will do that and I will check out the website!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or send me your number and I'll call you.
Have you down loaded a copy of a Rave CD , shop manual, yet, if not do that first.
What about bearings and seals, do you have what you need for them, be it the front or back axles.
Whos pads and rotors will you be using?

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike:

I have the big shop manual and the Chiltons.

Bought rotors, calipers and pads from Nathan (Joey's connection).

Have not purchased bearings or seals. Do I need to replace them when changing the rotors?

I'll send you my number to follow up. THANKS!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Bearings depend, but make sure you grease them.

Seals are always best replaced.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will replace seals and grease the heck out of the bearings.

I'll let you know when I start the project.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo