recommendation for replacement tires for lr3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am a newbie to LR and have enjoyed the vast information on this forum. My question: I have an 05 lr3 SE 18" with 16k miles and Goodyear tires (factory). The tires are terrible and want to replace with another brand - no need for a heavy off-road tire- a factory type replacement preferred. Other than that, I love the ride! Thanks for your assistance.

N

NHESS81

I really like the Michelin LTX M/S I just put on my D1. They have a decent aggressive pattern (not too bad, because you are looking for less of an off road tire right?), they have cut down road noise for me (D1 is loud, hows the LR3?), and they have a great amount of grip...I love them. Also, you can bank on Michelin to last at least 80,000, good luck with any other tire. The downside is they are pricey, about 160 each, but I went to Americas Tire (also known as Discount Tire), they do a pretty good job, and you get flat patching for life, or one free tire if they cant repair it per tire you buy (after you totally replace a tire, you can spend 15 bux and put a full warranty on that tire too). LoL, almost like I am making a sales pitch! But, yeah, if you want a full on road tire, then go for something like the Good-Year Fortera with Triple Tread Technology. I was not sold on this tire because it had no off road ability by looking at the very shallow and weak tread pattern, but it is supposed to ride like a car tire on the road. Go to www.tirerack.com and read reviews and do tire research there, its a great site! Good luck!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMT,
Due to the funky size there aren't many choices. But there are already threads on this website that name them. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM