Replacement breather cap???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LandyLight

Hello all,
Once again its LL with the lack of the 411....Is the breather cap on my 95 D1 the hardest thing tofind aftermarket or is it only a manuf. part. I found it in a couple of cat. but was wondering if anyone has any links to the aftermarket world. I need one BAD, Please HELP MY ENGINE WANTS TO BREATH.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Teeheee.. been there :)

Dude - dont look. Its not as hard to find, but you can fix it for like 4-5$...
Worked like a charm for me.

(btw its doesnt really help to breath. All it does is putting some evaporated oil + air from crankcase into your engine - reducing pollution).

1) grab screwdriver (flat head works better) or chiesel from airhammer
2) unhook breather filter from crankcase and hoose.
3) get some shop towels
4) insert your "pushing instrument" (i.e screwdrive or chiesel) and push stupid metal mesh out.
After you got some bit out enough you can use pliers to grab it and pull. Its dirty moment with lots of swearing.
5) go to your local autozone or something. Go to display with breather filters. They do have
replacement material - white and fluffy one. You need rectangular biggest white fluffy one (works best) - should be around 2$, but you may wanna get two - seeing you havent tried it before (i went through 3)
6) clean breather filter carcas (well how else you would call whats left :)) with some carb choker or something. In general - get it cleaned. From inside.
6) get fluffy material, stick it into far end of filter, next to place where tube attaches (top of filter if you like).

Thats it - you good to go. sucktion goes up, so if your replacement was big enough it will hold there like charm, and it will in fact clean better than crappy mesh that been there in first place.

Good thing is - now you can replace it every 3K miles with your oil change and have it always fresh (its becoming contaminated pretty easy on our old engines :)). Also it gives you chance to change oil properly, b/c its good idea to pour some of it into crankcase when doing oil change. Plus its good place to pour in additives too :)

L

LandyLight

THANX,
u da man Sergei, this forum ROCKS. once agian all ya'all are great

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99