Replacing window switch - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Photoflo

Reaction score
I've figured out how to pry and remove the switch bank from the top of door and see all of the connections which plug into the switches. **It is unfortunate and bad design that there is hardly any length to the wiring therefore making it next to impossible to unplug the 3 connector wiring harnesses and re-plug them into the switches.

**Anyone know how to replace just one of the individual switches?? I haven't found a source to guide me - do they just pop out?? *I purchased a new set of switches with photos from the ebay ad below 1.jpg 2.jpg

Any help appreciated!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are that since you purchased a whole new assembly, I think you should just install it and not try to take the unit apart.

I expect internally, there is a single printed circuit board with embedded membrane contacts for all the switches. This is not like the old days where each window had a discrete rocker switch feeding off a common power source.

Each window is on a separate fuse and what is called a FET, Field Effect Transistor, that handles the up and down as well as the safety related auto down when something is impeding upward window movement.

F07P is a 25 amp for the Drivers window.

F17P is a 20 amp for the RH rear window.
F31P is a 20 amp for the LH rear window.

I could not find a fuse number or rating for the Passenger Front seat.

Note that the fuse numbers may vary related to year of manufacture; also did you look for a 25 amp fuse in the fuse box behind the lower glove box?

Rather than the switch, you may have a fuse related concern.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72